Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbassett

Deepshade

The set on my R10 DVD has 35 shaders from NOCTUA but I count 105 available for download on their site. Then there are the 3 metal materials and the more than 400 textures.

• Topic Author
  • NUENEMY -

Trying to send a message but your box is full. Hope this goes through.

Your upload was 71MB and you said it would be 90MB. I'm assuming that is why I can not open it. Let me know if you still want to share the deep shaders and I'll host them.

Guest Synwave

Im having problems clicking the download button on my end at the way back link. Any reasons why?

Guest deepshade

The cafe could host them. Any interest in that? I'm not sure if there are any issues with redistributing the files. Anyone know?

I could create a new download category under textures and that could have sub categories.

3DKiwi

Hi all,

Looks like they its been removed by MAXON. Deepshade may have been created 10 years ago, but a lot of work went into it, a lot of users have benefited from it (have the emails to prove it) and it certainly raised the profile of C4D in the early days when C4D had virtually zero online resources and market presence.

You would have thought it worth an email to let me know if its demise!.

Yes they are (very) old and dated, and we have more tools in the shader shed, but they are still a reasonable base to work from and reverse engineer if you are unsure of the process.

If you'd like to host the whole lot 3DKiwi, drop me a line - not offended if no longer required - they did their job and served the community well.

Paul

Guest maat

Hi Paul,

If you pop on over you can see a new site that is about to launch at the end of August.

http://www.texturemaat.co.uk/

Your original site certainly gave me a lot to think about. That is how I started out.

We have a lot to thank Deepshade for.

maat.

Go and see.. It will be a great resource and knowledge base site on procedurals... :)

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Guest deepshade

Hi Paul,

If you pop on over you can see a new site that is about to launch at the end of August.

http://www.texturemaat.co.uk/

Your original site certainly gave me a lot to think about. That is how I started out.

We have a lot to thank Deepshade for.

maat.

Hi Maat

What a great looking resource.

I see you have a few examples - always nice to have something to sample. Please don't forget the students and those just starting out in 3D - Maybe a separate (small) section of Commercially Free shaders? (keep the ethos of Deepshade alive). That said - your packs a very cheap!

All the best with the new site - hope it goes well

thanks for the kind words re Deepshade

regards

Paul

Guest soccerrprp

yes, please, have the Deepshade samples alive and FREE. some of us teach and purchasing textures can be cost prohibitive and for students who are just learning, it proves to be a valuable and meaningful resource if payment is not required... heck, i started off with Deepshade stuff when i first started learning and thought WOW, awesome textures and FREE!

Please host here, if possible smile.gif

Richard

Guest maat

Paul,

Re: Please don't forget the students and those just starting out in 3D.

Many, many years ago, I was an art student as well!!!

For LESS than the price of a pint of beer (£3.00 per pint on London) you can have a shader pack.

It was 15p a pint back then in the !970's in the North.

But you have something in what you say so I will consider that option for students.

maat.

Guest deepshade

Always been a tough one that! - academic tools or beer

Whatever you decide maat - hope it all goes well

atb

Paul

Update: C4D Cafe will be the new home of the DeepShade files and will be free to download. deephade / Paul has been in touch with me and is very happy for us to host the files.

I'll make an announcement when everything is set up.

Nigel / 3DKiwi

That is good news thisrocks.gif

Thanks

Steve