Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbassett

Deepshade

Everyone with R11 has them on their DVD. :) But cool to see those shaders back online.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Guest deepshade

Everyone with R11 has them on their DVD. :) But cool to see those shaders back online.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Unless I missed something - don't think so 8)

on the DVD are materials from...

Noctua Graphics, Mike Batchelor, Eric Smit and Andreas Keller - for personal use.

If any of the deepshade files are of use to anyone still (they are rather old) - I would like them to be free for personal or commercial use,

obviously I don't want anyone distributing or making money from them as the whole point of the original site was to be a free repository to support users.

LoL you're right My mistake. Indeed Noctura Graphics and not Deepshade.

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

signthankspin.gif

Thank you 3dKiwi! I used to have a Cd full of these shaders but I lost it. The materials are not only useful for projects but serve as great starting points and references of anyone learning 3d. Thanks for helping the community like this!

could we have em zipped or rared? and none of those funky sit files?

cheers :D

I'll be zipping them. None of this Mac mumbo jumbo smile.gif

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

Looks like they its been removed by MAXON. Deepshade may have been created 10 years ago, but a lot of work went into it, a lot of users have benefited from it (have the emails to prove it) and it certainly raised the profile of C4D in the early days when C4D had virtually zero online resources and market presence.

You would have thought it worth an email to let me know if its demise!.

Yes they are (very) old and dated, and we have more tools in the shader shed, but they are still a reasonable base to work from and reverse engineer if you are unsure of the process.

If you'd like to host the whole lot 3DKiwi, drop me a line - not offended if no longer required - they did their job and served the community well.

Paul

Yes 3DKiwi, please drop him a line. These would still be a fantastic resource.

also for anyone that doesn't know about this site yet: http://www.c4dtextures.com/modules/rmdp/

it has a heap of shaders made by the community.

Guest FranOnTheEdge

That (zips) will be great, particularly as they could be used with Rel10 - which I'm still using (and the TextureMaat site seems to be for rel 11 only) I don't have them at the moment, my soundcard has temporarily (I hope temporarily) disabled my PC, and I'm trying to keep working on the laptop, where since that too has recently had a new harddrive, I have hardly anything, certainly no Deepshade stuff.

Update: Sorry I won't be doing anything with the Deepshade files. I had a look at the files. There's far too much work for me to put them into a state that I would be happy with hosting on the Cafe i.e. cleaning up objects etc and saving in a more recent C4D format.

3DKiwi

Guest FranOnTheEdge

Oh dear. I know you're very busy. If I can help at all - I don't have lots of free time but I'd be happy to help out with that kind of thing if that would help. It seems a shame not to have that resource available to everyone.

Let me know if you want me to have a go at it.

You would need to get in touch with Paul / Deepshade and get the files. We're talking about some serious time here to update these files.

3DKiwi