Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

Cactus Dan Skin Tuts?

• Topic Author
  • Does anyone know where I can find the CD tuts for skin.

I have downloaded the rigging videos but can't find the skin tuts

Help please!!

I believe it is on the c4dportal.com site but I just read a topic that it is down for some reason.

here is his site :)

• Topic Author
  • OMG I rigged this character for a project and now I need to skin it!

I am stuck now :-(

As far as i know,Dan hasn't yet posted a skinning tutorial,but its pretty simple and covered in the PDF manual that comes with the Joints+skin plugin,the only tricky part is getting your weights working well.

Heres a quote from Dan about weight painting that i put into my file of "Top Tips"

"A lot of times, I just set the CD Paint Skin Weights tool to 100% Set mode, turn off Normalized Weight Painting and paint everything 100%, overlapping the weights to the middle of the bend. Then I use the CD Normalize All Weights on the entire mesh to normalize everything. Then I start posing the character to check the deformations and blend the weights in between the joints using either the Add/Subtract mode or the Smooth mode, until the deformation looks good."

HTH,i'm sure the man himself will be along in a while..

mala

Dan hasn't done the skinning part of his tutorial series yet. He has been (and prob still is) swamped with other stuff at the moment.

Skinning is the same general techniques whether you use Mocca or CDTools, so you could prob follow a Mocca tutorial on the subject. If it's about how to actually use CDTools themselves have a look at the help file that came with the tools. It's all about selecting objects in the right order with CDTools.

I would just dive in yourself and then give out a shout if there is something you can't get to work.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • You see thats the thing I know how to use C4d's tools but I used the cd to rig my character. Shoot that really puts a dent in my timeline, oh well gotta do what I gotta do.

Thanks guys

Yeah. But what I am saying is that weighting a character is virtually the same in most 3D programs. If you can weight a mesh in Mocca then you can weight a mesh in CDTools.

What problems do you have with regards weighting in CDTools?

Morph

• Topic Author
  • I have only weighted a couple characters in C4D. So there is still a bit of learning curve, I am sure I will figure it out.

Thanks again, I will post here if I have any issues :-)

Get some of that Irish charm into a tutorial... wink.gif

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Dude that would be awesome if you made a tut ;-)

• Topic Author
  • NP! Thanks for even considering it spoton.gif

Will be very interesting to see.

I am up late too, but I am drawing, could go to bed anytime.....maybe........it's.................time..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzz..........