Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dataflow

Workarounds, Tips & Tricks

doubledope, i am on osx...

so you are saying you dont use middle mouse button for switching between 4views and 1? =)

correct, I barely switch between views as it is not needed for the projects I am working on. Placing something like 10,000 houses can all be done in perspective view... laugh.gif

But it is indeed faster and handier, can you maybe tell me how to switch the osx shortkeys off so I can use the c4d ones instead?

dashboard shortcut is set in System Preferences/ Expose

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • added 1 that alot of people wouldnt know unless told about

27. Reduce Geometry on NURBS objects

when using Splines on NURBS objects (eg... "SweepNurbs") you can select the splines and change the "Intermediate Points" option to "Natural" or "Uniform"

then reduce the "Number" option (on all splines) until you get the desired result.

Guest coinstar
  • Topic Author
  • assign the tilda key (`) to next project way better than goin to window all the time.

Guest dataflow
  • Topic Author
  • assign the tilda ( ` ) key to next project. Works great better than goin to window all the time. : )

just go to "Command Manager" and search for "Documents"

then drag it to your layout.

then you have a button on your layout with a list of open projects that you can select

Guest coinstar
  • Topic Author
  • nice going to try that now.

i use ctrl+` for next project.

but there is also a plugin called xstab that adds tabs of all ur open projects to a long bar.

Auto Children(?)

This is nearly the opposite of auto parenting. When making a new object or Deformer, select the object you want to apply the Deformer then "Shift" click on the Deformer. The newly created object (Deformer) will become a children of the selected object.

The caveat is, that the new object (Deformer) will be positioned at 0,0,0 with 0 rotation. This could be useful if it worked exactly as auto parenting using the position and rotation of the selected object. As it is, the object/deformer has still to be positioned using something like the Transfer tool.

thanks angelus, haven't been working on a mac that long to know all the little things spoton.gif

mabad, but if you option click as usual the deformer gets centered on the object and then you only have to change the order. Still not ideal, but probably a little less of a pain than repositioning the deformer.

Cheers

Karl

• Topic Author
  • A guy over on CGTalk came up with a script a while back that automatically sizes and positions deformers to an object or group of objects and makes them children of those objects. Worth a look for it, I use it all the time, it's a great little time saver.

Cheers,

Brian