Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fastbee

Math In C4d

• Topic Author
  • I made this a while ago after finding the equations somewhere. I don't remember where.

What these equations do is to help modify a ton of objects at the same time. Select a ton of objects then enter a equation like x + 10 in the attributes coordinates with all the objects selected to add 10 to their current value in coordinates.

Other equations are:

num *20

x+md(10)

10*(num/(tot-1))

Specifically I would like to know what md does or maybe m and d do seperate things.

Here is the screen grab with an example of the equations.

md I assume means modulo. Anyone else?

3DKiwi

From the given formula and result, I agree that md is short for modulo.

In the Help Appendix there is a list of measurement and maths operator abbreviations.

The listed abbreviation for modulus is 'mod'. Possibly(?) md is used in COFFEE code and is still recognized.

Cheers, Alan.

I tried to follow this but didnt get anything like you showed. I made a bunch of cubes. Spread them out. Selected them all clicked on coord. in the Attributes manager and input 10*(num/(tot-1)) and in p x,y,x it put all the cubes together, In S x,y,y it made them big to small ect... I am having trouble trying to follow what this is supposed to do.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you 3D Kiwi and Rantin Al.

I think you two are spot on. Modulo, I think I may have heard that once in all my math classes. Would have never been able to figure this out on my own. I thought it made some random thing happen.

Fastbee

• Topic Author
  • I tried to follow this but didnt get anything like you showed. I made a bunch of cubes. Spread them out. Selected them all clicked on coord. in the Attributes manager and input 10*(num/(tot-1)) and in p x,y,x it put all the cubes together, In S x,y,y it made them big to small ect... I am having trouble trying to follow what this is supposed to do.

I think I did not use the equation exactly like it is here. As soon as I remember or figure out what I did I'll post the answer.

These are individual sample formula. What is shown in screen-shot is the result after all have been applied.

When multiple objects are selected, you enter a value or formula into one field in the Attribute Manager. This will update that parameter for each object.

For the distribution formula example:

Create any number of cubes, select them all.

In the P.X field, enter: 10*(num/(tot-1))

Depending on the size of the cubes you won't see much happening if they are the default size of 200. So increase the value in the formula from 10 to 1000.

If you input the same formula 10*(num/(tot-1)) in the Cube Fillet Radius, then you get a stepped increase in the fillet for each cube.

The Modulo function divides one number by another and gives the remainder.

Cheers, Alan.

Hi Al, doesn't it dump the decimal part of the answer as well?

Al thanks for the info.

Stoat, do you mean the Modulo node?

If you use Integer for the Data Type then the input values and calculation will be whole numbers.

Using Reals will calculate a decimal value to 3 decimal points. Any finer and the fourth decimal is rounded to the nearest third.

The Time type will return a 24 hour clock as a 0.decimal. Percentage as (0->1)

Cheers, Alan.

• Topic Author
  • Ok I figured out what I did.

To distribute the cubes type in num * some number big enough.

To do the fillet select the cubes activate fillet and type in

the max fillet radius *(num/(tot-1))

To make the material have a gradient I don't know. I have not been able to get this to work again.

• Topic Author
  • I came back to this post because I wanted to use the x+md(10) formula but it does not seem to work anymore. I select several objects then enter the equation in the x coordinates field and it does nothing.

Could someone please help with what I am forgetting to do?