Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swellguy

Increasing Speed

Author of the topic Posted

hey ive tried everything i can think of, its just insane, it dosnt make any sense. maybe i should send the file?

-g

It sounds like your problem is the high poly count on your model. That is often the case when c4d asks to be switched over to 64 bit mode, which you can do by right clicking on your c4d application icon, selecting get info, and then unchecking the open in 32 bit mode box. Or alternately, you can try turning off your hypernurbs while working in the viewport and then turning them back on to render.

i actually merge all my hypernurbs © so i can make detailed lines in the polygons. that is probably the issue. if i get a better graphics card will it fix this?

You've made your Hypernurbs editable?? That is not the best approach. If you do that, C4D has a whole lot of poly's to redraw.

Best is to leave the HN as it is. C4D can not handle millions of poly's in the viewport.

Peace,

Rich_Art. :)

Post the file.

Cheers

Karl

Admin

Maybe you should have bough a PC :) - sorry could not resist it :P

What graphics card do you have?wich cpu?how many polygons in the scene?

I bet it's the HyperNurbs as Rich Art said, many people leave them at the default 3x, so if you make one of those editable you get a ton of geometry.

cheers,

Brian

I have a mac book pro with the radeon graphics card, it was number two in price on the list. a 2 x2.6 ghz quad core intel xeon(so two of those). and 16 gb memory ddr3. I just dont understand. how can i model armor and such and then combine everything into one mesh so i can rig it without merging my hypernurbs. like how on earth can you rig big shoulder armor without having everything merged.

sorry for the slow response. thanks for your time.

Sounds more like the problem is your modelling technique rather than an issue with your hardware.

3DKiwi

Maybe post a scenefile, or post a wire and try giving some specifics like how much polygons does your scene have, then we could help you more then just stabbing in the dark.