Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomrayhall

Do You Need Help

• Topic Author
  • im taking some time off of doing work for a bit, and was thinking of doing some better tut's for you guys,,i need ideas.. so if you can thing of anything let me know. later Tom Hall

Thanks for the offer Tom. I for one struggle with organic modelling with such things as computer mice and the like.

General GI lighting too with the new physical sky object. The manual doesn't explain things well enough to me for me to get a full understanding of it including portals.

Cheers

Steve

I think you could explain your workflow in a tut on how you made those beautiful renders you have been posting. I think a lot will be interested in seeing that.

• Topic Author
  • i would think organic modelling would be a living things.. hearts,cats,people. but a computer mouse sounds like a good tut,but im sure its been done before i think. ,,but not sure

Yes, on the dutch site c4dnexus.nl is a good tutorial here.

And link to the file.

Made by, also a cafe member, kingcoma

I think you could explain your workflow in a tut on how you made those beautiful renders you have been posting. I think a lot will be interested in seeing that.

He's already made those tutorials... wink.gif

Morph

Really, could you point me in the right direction?

Guest dataflow

Really, could you point me in the right direction?

look at his posts

Ah, found it, thank you. I was looking at the member submitted tutorial section...

Well,

If I may ... I've been learning C4D mainly for animation and motion graphics which is what I do.

And although I've found many great tutorials on how to do realistic modeling and texturing, like yours on the plant, most don't go into optimization for animation.

I got to really nice results learning from those tutorials but I end up with hours-long renders for a single frame with GI. I've been trying to find techniques to optimize it so I can get what I've learned and actually use it for animation.

My 2 cents. What you think?

Cheers!

Guest Rizzla

I see you´ve made a few renders with a lot of vegetation, so any small tutorials on that part it would be a fun read. Stuff like creating forest floors, and leaves with the backlight shader.

edit: oh, just found your tuts on photo real plants, gonna check it out now :welcome:

• Topic Author
  • ok . your right doing a video render of my work would take years, lol and with such high bump maps would look like ###### moving.. so what im going to do is play with it to get the same look without gi or with gi.. with a render time under,,umm 1:20 that seems good for animation