Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomrayhall

Do You Need Help

Thanks for the links to the mouse tut thumb_yello.gif

When I was saying organic I was meaning shapes that are not square like buildings and the like. There is a certain knack to it I feel. Its a knack that a consistently struggle with.

Cheers

Steve

• Topic Author
  • I got to really nice results learning from those tutorials but I end up with hours-long renders for a single frame with GI. I've been trying to find techniques to optimize it so I can get what I've learned and actually use it for animation.

just playing with it for a little bit, i found turning off hdri and gi . and replacing them with a light blue environment gets the same feel , and i add one over head light with soft shadows

. it seemed to do good at lighting like gi .. render time dropped from 2 min and something to to like 5 sec

the first pic is with gi .. and no. 2 with environment. i put the video up soon

Hey!

Thanks for the tips...

I actually tried to do something like your stuff and render it over the weekend...

It was a very simple scene and yet it was almost a 7 hour render on a small size video , 3 seconds long.

It flickered very little. I had HDRI GI and an area light and area shadow.

here you go!

cheers!

test_video.mov

Guest MixMix

Ok... Im totally new here on the forum and new to c4d...

I have tryed to search around the forum, but its not easy when i dont know what the stuff are called in c4d..

I would really like to see (and what ive searched for in 2 days) how you make a video of your model you have created... Like making a "camera" that goes around the model... But also how to make animated models.. Just some easy basics please..

Regards