Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest customone

Using Veneer Wood Patterns

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • signguy,

Thats just down right impressive. if i was on the fence about cinema 4d that render just sold me. great jog!! i don't know if you guys have any use for my wood veneer photos but here are some more. the good part is that they are actually real wood veneer.

species are as follows:

kingwood

sumauma

santos rosewood

pau ferro

waterfall bubinga

Aargh! These bring back memories of the old veneer wardrobes my folks had.

The 'faces' in the wood scared the bejavers out of me as a kid. I thought the original trees came from a haunted forest. laugh.gif

Cheers, Alan.

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the in depth explanation. my main interest in cinema 4d is the rendering capabilities. my business is mostly visual so a picture can sell the piece instantly.

not that i will abandon cobalt all together and your right , it has certain advantages over cinema 4d. for simple 2d line drawing and cross sections,side views and the such it gets the job done. bringing an architects or designers vision to life on a computer as opposed to building a prototype save me months and thousands of dollars.

however, iIMHO the modeling aspect of cinema 4d blows cobalt away. thers an add at the top of this forum page depicting a f-18 plane, even in the grey model form it's far better than cobalt. the photo attached is a wip in cobalt. it's adequate and will sell the job but to me it still looks generic and a bit fake. no laughing please...lol.

some of the stuff i see in the gallery here to me is just amazing. much respect for you guys your very talented.

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • no...... the modeling aspect. rendering i agree, the two are night and day.

detailing in cinema 4d is stunning. I have the demo version right now.

Fairly new to this, but here is my 1hr. try at something.

Ow, and I also really like your highly decorative wood grain textures. If your could please take some more pictures , zip them, and upload them to the Downloads > Textures section of the portal I would really appreciate it. I am sure other people would to.

Thank you

Customone

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • Hi fastbee,

glad too offer my veneer patterns. i'm a mac user so you would have to guide me thru the process of how to do what you described. i have literally thousands of those. been a woodworker and furniture maker/designer for 32 years.

just let me know the process andd i'll download what i can.

nice table. the veneer you used is waterfall bubinga

There are several programs to zip something like winzip, 7 zip, etc. Download.com has a couple. Make sure to read review see if it has adware, spyware, mulware and don't download it if it does. The one with the highest number of downloads if normally pretty good.

Thanks again

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • yes sir ...Thats the ticket. worked like a charm

Your laminates look really great, and I think it is a fine idea to use Cinema to sell your pieces.

I saw everyone having such fun in this thread, I had to join in. laugh.gif

Guest customone
  • Topic Author
  • DBrown,

I see you substituted the crotch mahogany with the pau ferro. nice job. technically there not laminates or even cg images . rather table top veneer lay up that i make for furniture manufactures.

The one thing i noticed about most renderings is that the wood textures look a bit fake. so having textures that represent the actual wood species might be of use to other designers who do office interiors or residential renderings.

thanks for your input and again nice job on the table.

Guest Rem
  • Topic Author
  • I think Cinema 4d will do everything you need for furniture making. As a woodworker I started using AutoCAD in the late 90’s for 2d and 3d drawing and rendering. I took up C4d in ’05 to advance my rendering/visualization capabilities. While I still use AutoCAD often to get things started, most of my detailed modeling begins and ends in C4d. I output stl and 3ds files for CNC fabrication which can be directly imported into most CAM software packages with little or no tweaking.