Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest staubstudio

Shortcut To Open C4d In 64bit Mode On Mac Os X

I think I'll buy a new keyboard cause this one is not working anymore...

This one makes people misunderstand me... *sigh*

The solution you found is the exact same thing I meant, and I think I said that, but maybe my english is that bad...

[edit] and bytheway I am on a mac too... and I said make another shortcut, which is obviously a pc thing, but still... it's basically the same.. oh well... nevermind..

I understood doubledope and restated your same answer with a picture to help. Don't be sad. Repeat after me Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy :)

"Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy"

now we just wait...

Dumb question, but when installing R11 on a 64-bit Mac, do you specifically activate the 64-bit mode? Is the default 32? Either way, where is this option?

Thanks.

Guest samwich
  • Topic Author
  • Navigate to your CINEMA 4D.app, right click, get info, check or uncheck the box that says "Open in 32 bit mode"

Great. Thanks. I'm not in front of that machine, or I would try that. But, does that mean that the default mode for R11 (upon install) is 64?

No the default install is 32 bit -the box is ticked on install & you have to change it to get 64 bit.

Regards

Andy

Actually, I just checked, and mine is set for 64 based on the install. In the "get info" the box which says "enable 32bit" is unchecked.

Thanks.

the two copies I install (work & home) are 32 bit on install & require changing -must be two versions or maybe it has been updated since.

regards

Andy

Guest staubstudio
  • Topic Author
  • As far as we are concerned, on a clean install, the 32bit box is usually unchecked...but c4d runs at 32bit... we have to check/uncheck the box once to make it start in 64bit mode.

Note that the c4d splash screen mention if c4d is running a 64bit... and that you can also confirm that by looking at your activity monitor.

post-65725-1248444769_thumb.png

post-65725-1248444842_thumb.png

...and to those who say that they had answered my question and that I was just too stupid to get it...well... thanks for the answer...but I was too stupid to get it. ;)

Great tip, staubstudio. Sorry, I don't have any helpful suggestions for your predicament.

My installed version of R11 did NOT indicate that it was running in 32-bit mode. But as you had said, checking the 32-bit box, then unchecking it activated the 64-bit mode. Excellent.