Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheepCrusher

.Mov Texture Pixelation

• Topic Author
  • I am rendering a .mov texture on a moving cloth banner. It has worked before and the movie is fine played on it's own, but I am getting pixelation in a few places in the render.

.mov is :30 seconds and FPS = 23.98.

The Projection is UVW Mapping.

My settings for the mov texture are:

Simple

Range

Movie starts at frame 640 and plays to frame 1540

Will doing anything with the

Movie Start Frame

Movie End Frame

Movie Frame Rate

help anything?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

My guess is that Cinema is having a problem interpolating from the 23.98 framerate. You might have better luck converting the movie to an image sequence so that it can be played back as matching whole frames.

Mark

What's your AA set to? Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and up that min to 2x2.

kvb

I would think it is likeley to be a frame rate issue. Because your animaton is at one frame rate and your .MOV at another, C4D has to try and match them up, that's where the problem is probably coming from. It might be an idea to try converting your .MOV to the same frame rate as the animation in a nother app, a vidio edditing app might do abetter conversion job.

Just a quick comment on upping the AA. If you do up the minimum AA you can often increase the percentage, this can help offset the increased render time with only marginal reduction in quality (EG 1x4@10% upped to 2x4@20%).

Regards Bishka

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys for all the helpful replies. Turns out there is something wrong with the source movie. When you play it back it looks fine, but when you step through the frames with the arrow keys you get the pixelation. Saving it out as a jpeg sequence didn't help either, nor did boosting the AA. I used Snapz Pro X to do a video screen capture at 24FPS and it has worked. Thanks again for all the aid. This group rules!