Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

• Topic Author
  • I just used C4D old dynamics for this example, but the real version will use RF4.

Here is the secene if anyone is interested in helping out a poor noob ;-)

example.c4d

There ya go :thumbsup:

Xpresso is fully remarked, so it's should be easy to understand what's going on.

About the collision plane, it's a copy of the plane used in the dynamics, but slightly moved upwards. Why? Because the cube bounces of the surface of the plane and therefor never collides with it (colliding is intersecting)

Hope it helps.

Also attached the rendered result (very low res)

Cube Dust.mov

• Topic Author
  • OMG, you the man I will study this and apply it to my scene this will really help, cheers

Thanks a million

No problem :thumbsup:

And on a side note, the dust is a pyrocluster material, so if your not happy with the color or size, just change it there.

If you want to change the duration of the emitting of the particles change the frame number in the monoflop node.

If you want to change the life or emission of the particles go to the Pmatterwaves node.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks this is really great, I will post my results, I will add that little tad note in the comments

• Topic Author
  • Woo whoo lookin cool,cant wait to post

• Topic Author
  • having one issue, I have noticed that the dust or particles are reacting to slow like they are delayed.

What parameter will fix this, I have looked and can't seem to find where.

Cheers almost there

• Topic Author
  • Ok here is a WIP, rendered with no AA, AO or GI.

Any C&C is appreciated:-)

I would say that your emitters are on for too long and the dust disperses to quickly.

If you did this for real, think about what would happen to the dust, it wouldn't just get pushed out a little way and then disappear.

Your emitters need to have a more even distribution around your object too.

I don't think you need the pyrocluster to come out at every point where your object meets the ground. I think you might get a better effect if you used a circular emitter that emits radially from underneath the object.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Lol thank you for your input I will try to implement what you say, but like I said I am a TP NOOB :-)

I would put together something for you, but my C4D is completely tied up with rendering one thing while I am modelling others.

You want to use the TP preset called the "Ring Emitter". That should get you started. You could also use a spline emitter if you didn't want to shape to be so regular.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • What parameter do I change here to dictate what kind of shape my emitter is?

post-40263-125865344683_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for all your help