Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

I would say that your emitters are on for too long and the dust disperses to quickly.

If you did this for real, think about what would happen to the dust, it wouldn't just get pushed out a little way and then disappear.

Your emitters need to have a more even distribution around your object too.

I don't think you need the pyrocluster to come out at every point where your object meets the ground. I think you might get a better effect if you used a circular emitter that emits radially from underneath the object.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Lol thank you for your input I will try to implement what you say, but like I said I am a TP NOOB :-)

I would put together something for you, but my C4D is completely tied up with rendering one thing while I am modelling others.

You want to use the TP preset called the "Ring Emitter". That should get you started. You could also use a spline emitter if you didn't want to shape to be so regular.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • What parameter do I change here to dictate what kind of shape my emitter is?

post-40263-125865344683_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for all your help

• Topic Author
  • When I open up the espresso for the ring emitter I have no idea how to apply that to what I have made :thumbsup:

What I am saying is that you might be better off not using that kind of setup as it creates particles on collision with the ground. If you had loads of these objects you would prob want to create an automated setup, but for just the one I would do it manually to allow for better control.

With the TP presets you make all of your changes, etc... in the user data options, not in the expresso window (unless you know what you are doing of course).

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Ahh I see what you are sayin. Hmm I will see what I can get out of this first, but I agree in the end I may just do it that way.

That is great advice thanks Morph

Here, this is kinda what I am talking about.

I can't render it out so I don't know exactly what it looks like but it should work. Might need some speed adjustments...

Morph :thumbsup:

• Topic Author
  • Damn you the man, I will take a look at it, thanks sooo much :thumbsup:

If you change the speed of the emitter you can make it push out further from the object but still slow down in the same way as before, kinda like dust does in real life.

You could prob add a few more effectors here and there to get the dust to vary more as it dissapates, but if you want to take it to the next step you would be looking at a fluid engine like DPIT Effex.

Morph