Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

• Topic Author
  • When I open up the espresso for the ring emitter I have no idea how to apply that to what I have made :thumbsup:

What I am saying is that you might be better off not using that kind of setup as it creates particles on collision with the ground. If you had loads of these objects you would prob want to create an automated setup, but for just the one I would do it manually to allow for better control.

With the TP presets you make all of your changes, etc... in the user data options, not in the expresso window (unless you know what you are doing of course).

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Ahh I see what you are sayin. Hmm I will see what I can get out of this first, but I agree in the end I may just do it that way.

That is great advice thanks Morph

Here, this is kinda what I am talking about.

I can't render it out so I don't know exactly what it looks like but it should work. Might need some speed adjustments...

Morph :thumbsup:

• Topic Author
  • Damn you the man, I will take a look at it, thanks sooo much :thumbsup:

If you change the speed of the emitter you can make it push out further from the object but still slow down in the same way as before, kinda like dust does in real life.

You could prob add a few more effectors here and there to get the dust to vary more as it dissapates, but if you want to take it to the next step you would be looking at a fluid engine like DPIT Effex.

Morph

Sorry Fresh, I wasn't around to help you out :)

I assume Morpheus solved the question you had, but I can only assume, as I have no c4d on this machine, but I am sure he did :)

@morph: I have to disagree a little with you there. If you want to take it to the next step, learn xpresso and TP. Clicking some attributes in effex surely creates smoke, but takes a lot of time to master. As with most simulations it's hard to predict whats going to happen, but with TP i found it quite straight forward. I am not really sure which type (TP or fluids) will create the best smoke, but I think almost all the fluid generated smoke can be made with TP and Xpresso. And vise versa too. And if you learn TP, the knowledge of xpresso will help you with animating in general too.

• Topic Author
  • thanks again Doubledope!

Save yourself a load of agro and film some dust and then comp.

Cheers

Karl

• Topic Author
  • lol wish I could find footage or make it

Sorry Fresh, I wasn't around to help you out :)

I assume Morpheus solved the question you had, but I can only assume, as I have no c4d on this machine, but I am sure he did :)

@morph: I have to disagree a little with you there. If you want to take it to the next step, learn xpresso and TP. Clicking some attributes in effex surely creates smoke, but takes a lot of time to master. As with most simulations it's hard to predict whats going to happen, but with TP i found it quite straight forward. I am not really sure which type (TP or fluids) will create the best smoke, but I think almost all the fluid generated smoke can be made with TP and Xpresso. And vise versa too. And if you learn TP, the knowledge of xpresso will help you with animating in general too.

I would have to disagree and say that visually TP in C4D just can't come close to creating the complexities of movement that you can create with Effex or Turbluence. Effex may have a steep learning curve, but then so does TP and expresso if you don't use the presets. I'm not saying don't use TP as I love using it, but they didn't use TP to create smoke effect on The Surrogates, they used Effex and Turbulence. If TP could have done it then surely they would have used that instead no?

And don't forget that Effex also handles and uses TP as well as it's own system. Best of both worlds IMHO.

Morph :)

Well, I have not made much progress when using the effex demo, so I might be totally wrong.

But I insist that TP in combination with pyrocluster can create stunning results, it's just a matter of tweaking and increasing the rendersettings, as those make the smoke a lot more believable. Anyhow, I was not trying to be completely negative (can't find the words to express myself, Dutch is so much easier :) ), but I thought that taking it to the next level was a bit off.

:) < here's a smilie to make it up again.