Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

Sorry Fresh, I wasn't around to help you out :)

I assume Morpheus solved the question you had, but I can only assume, as I have no c4d on this machine, but I am sure he did :)

@morph: I have to disagree a little with you there. If you want to take it to the next step, learn xpresso and TP. Clicking some attributes in effex surely creates smoke, but takes a lot of time to master. As with most simulations it's hard to predict whats going to happen, but with TP i found it quite straight forward. I am not really sure which type (TP or fluids) will create the best smoke, but I think almost all the fluid generated smoke can be made with TP and Xpresso. And vise versa too. And if you learn TP, the knowledge of xpresso will help you with animating in general too.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

thanks again Doubledope!

Save yourself a load of agro and film some dust and then comp.

Cheers

Karl

• Topic Author

lol wish I could find footage or make it

Sorry Fresh, I wasn't around to help you out :)

I assume Morpheus solved the question you had, but I can only assume, as I have no c4d on this machine, but I am sure he did :)

@morph: I have to disagree a little with you there. If you want to take it to the next step, learn xpresso and TP. Clicking some attributes in effex surely creates smoke, but takes a lot of time to master. As with most simulations it's hard to predict whats going to happen, but with TP i found it quite straight forward. I am not really sure which type (TP or fluids) will create the best smoke, but I think almost all the fluid generated smoke can be made with TP and Xpresso. And vise versa too. And if you learn TP, the knowledge of xpresso will help you with animating in general too.

I would have to disagree and say that visually TP in C4D just can't come close to creating the complexities of movement that you can create with Effex or Turbluence. Effex may have a steep learning curve, but then so does TP and expresso if you don't use the presets. I'm not saying don't use TP as I love using it, but they didn't use TP to create smoke effect on The Surrogates, they used Effex and Turbulence. If TP could have done it then surely they would have used that instead no?

And don't forget that Effex also handles and uses TP as well as it's own system. Best of both worlds IMHO.

Morph :)

Well, I have not made much progress when using the effex demo, so I might be totally wrong.

But I insist that TP in combination with pyrocluster can create stunning results, it's just a matter of tweaking and increasing the rendersettings, as those make the smoke a lot more believable. Anyhow, I was not trying to be completely negative (can't find the words to express myself, Dutch is so much easier :) ), but I thought that taking it to the next level was a bit off.

:) < here's a smilie to make it up again.

• Topic Author

So I should not bother with DPIT Effex?

Guest dataflow

i recommend getting Action Essentials 2 for dirt elements and more

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/

• Topic Author

I am trying something in realflow, I figure I can add the pyrosluster material to the particles from realflow.

Any thoughts?

So I should not bother with DPIT Effex?

I am loving DPIT Effex. It's true that it does have a bit of a steep learning curve and you will have to put in the time to learn it, but that's no different to having to learn something like Vray. A lot of it is a case of thinking how fire and smoke works in real situations and making sure you don't deviate too much from the laws of physics if you are going for realism.

My results so far have been pretty sweet, though there are a few bugs still to iron out and I still have tons to learn. We will be getting version 1.0 soon which will apparently have some new features along with the bug fixes and improved stability. I for one am wondering whether the "new feature" might actually be the start of a new solver for simulating liquids. Fingers crossed...

Morph