Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

• Topic Author
  • So I should not bother with DPIT Effex?

Guest dataflow

i recommend getting Action Essentials 2 for dirt elements and more

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/

• Topic Author
  • I am trying something in realflow, I figure I can add the pyrosluster material to the particles from realflow.

Any thoughts?

So I should not bother with DPIT Effex?

I am loving DPIT Effex. It's true that it does have a bit of a steep learning curve and you will have to put in the time to learn it, but that's no different to having to learn something like Vray. A lot of it is a case of thinking how fire and smoke works in real situations and making sure you don't deviate too much from the laws of physics if you are going for realism.

My results so far have been pretty sweet, though there are a few bugs still to iron out and I still have tons to learn. We will be getting version 1.0 soon which will apparently have some new features along with the bug fixes and improved stability. I for one am wondering whether the "new feature" might actually be the start of a new solver for simulating liquids. Fingers crossed...

Morph

I am trying something in realflow, I figure I can add the pyrosluster material to the particles from realflow.

Any thoughts?

In theory it should work fine, though I don't know what the actual workflow would be.

Morph

There is ( or used to be ) a rflow particle node for TP

• Topic Author
  • Ok soi I have put aside realflow for now. I am trying DPIT Effex.

I have got some results, but I have a long way to go.

I have set up the scene here with no dynamics just for now. The problem is I cant get the dust to react to the logo and fly away from it as it hits the ground.

Can someone help me achieve this, I have been bangin my head against the wall trying to get this to work.

Any help is much appreciated!

• Topic Author
  • Ok with another 3 hours of tinkering....

here is what I have now...

That's looking way better.

Material wise you need to make the dust thicker so that it looks less like smoke, but you can tweak the material once you have the simulation down to what you want.

What you really want to do however is to have more dust coming out of the top of the object than the bottom because of the way your object is falling. It hits the ground with the bottom edge first which wouldn't really throw up much dust, but then when the object falls down the rest of the way the air will be pushed out of the top and side edges meaning the dust would be too.

Morph

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Morph!

Ok here is a quick one with AO GI and some AA.

Doing a full render now 150 frames with a longer diffusion time on the dust.

render2.mov

• Topic Author
  • Ok for some reason sometimes my renders have the effex missing, is this because its a Demo I am using?

Or is it a bug?

Nice progress fresh smile.gif

I think it's a bug, as it happened to me too, but I was using the demo also.