Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Freshly

make dust kick up when box hits the ground?

I am trying something in realflow, I figure I can add the pyrosluster material to the particles from realflow.

Any thoughts?

In theory it should work fine, though I don't know what the actual workflow would be.

Morph

There is ( or used to be ) a rflow particle node for TP

Ok soi I have put aside realflow for now. I am trying DPIT Effex.

I have got some results, but I have a long way to go.

I have set up the scene here with no dynamics just for now. The problem is I cant get the dust to react to the logo and fly away from it as it hits the ground.

Can someone help me achieve this, I have been bangin my head against the wall trying to get this to work.

Any help is much appreciated!

Ok with another 3 hours of tinkering....

here is what I have now...

That's looking way better.

Material wise you need to make the dust thicker so that it looks less like smoke, but you can tweak the material once you have the simulation down to what you want.

What you really want to do however is to have more dust coming out of the top of the object than the bottom because of the way your object is falling. It hits the ground with the bottom edge first which wouldn't really throw up much dust, but then when the object falls down the rest of the way the air will be pushed out of the top and side edges meaning the dust would be too.

Morph

Thanks Morph!

Ok here is a quick one with AO GI and some AA.

Doing a full render now 150 frames with a longer diffusion time on the dust.

render2.mov

Ok for some reason sometimes my renders have the effex missing, is this because its a Demo I am using?

Or is it a bug?

Nice progress fresh smile.gif

I think it's a bug, as it happened to me too, but I was using the demo also.

This is killin me, this DPIT seems to be very unreliable.

Half the time I cant get the effex to actually render and when it does I can't get it to run past frame 60.

At frame 60 the dust just stops moving.

I have to ask the question again is this a limitation of the demo or a bug as well.

errrrrrrrrrr

doubledope thanks for your comments it is looking good, but I need it to render past 60 frames to make it look really good, lol

I have no problem running sims past 60frames but I am using the full version. I don't know what version the demo is.

If I wasn't rendering like crazy on my own machine I would offer to try it out for you at my end.

Morph