Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Motion Tracking

Guest Joshfilms

Cool Morph. @Vozz I don't know of a source that compares them all in depth but I can tell you SynthEyes is battle tested and is used on all kinds of big budget films and commercials. SynthEye's UI is the ugliest of the three but its blazing fast and thousands of dollars cheaper! PFtrack has the best object tracking capabilities but you can do some object tracking in SynthEyes as well.

-Josh

PFTrack looks pretty sweet, though £1800 is about 9 times the price of Syntheyes.

How limited is the object tracking in Syntheyes?

Morph

Guest Joshfilms

It's still very capable of object tracking :).

-Josh

Hi,

I've got syntheyes and it's very very good. I did a job earlier this year that involved replacing a mobile phone being passed around in a number of static shots where there were very few tracking marks on the phone(and some of those were obscured by hands). Worked very well.

Another thing to consider is support. I found a bug, sent the file to Russ Anderson and a week or so later an update was available. Another time I thought I'd found another one - sent the file and 20 mins later he emailed me back telling me what I had done wrong - it was my mistake. Few companies give that kind of individual support.

So all in all, highly recommened application.

Trig

Cheers for the info Trig. I think Syntheyes is the one for me. I am going to continue to keep learning the demo and then buy it as soon as I am able.

Sweeeeet.

Morph

Hi,

there is a plugin for C4D which tracks footage inside of Cinema.

check this:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=729746&highlight=tracking

cheers

link doesnt work.

Ok so no one can actually explain the difference between apps. I guess i'll have to go through the trials one by one then =P

Are you reffering to my link? It works fine here.

here is the developer:

http://www.scenespector.com/

Another little fire test just for fun before bed.

Morph

FireHDRI.mov

BURN BABY BURN! :)

morph your fire looks good :) what is your process for that?