Planet X Generator - New Plugin by Ember in the Rain

Guest shawnfoster

Guest shawnfoster

I wanted to share with everyone my plan to make things easier. I am going to compile all of the finished versions out this weekend. Then, I am going to put them all in one .zipped file. This means the MAC OSX, 32 and 64 bit, and the WINDOWS 32 and 64 bit versions will all be in one file. Thus you will only need to download one file to get all versions. The license explains that you may only use it on one machine at a time.

I think this will help everyone out and make it easier. I am also setting it up so that the plugin can be fully used in the DEMO version of Cinema 4D. For those who would like to test before they buy. I hope this helps make things easier. smile.gif

Thanks for your input.

~Shawn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shawnfoster

Good news everyone! I have a working demo. Basically it is the same exact thing as the licensed version, it is just fully functional without a license in the DEMO version of C4D. You can try it out all you want in the demo version of C4D. You are just restricted to the confines of the demo version. I am compiling it now for 32 Bit and will post a link to it in the next hour. I am still working out the kinks with the mac versions and 64 bit version but the 32 bit windows version is quite stable. The link to the demo version of windows 32 bit is coming within the hour.

Stay tuned. LOL

:)

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

The demo version is now available. You can find it HERE. I have disabled the downloads in the shop for a few days while I sort out some details and put together a package that has all platforms supported. Sorry for the inconvenience but I think this will make it easier for everyone if I get all platforms supported and then put the files up to download. In the meantime. Anyone can download the DEMO version which is fully functional with the DEMO version of C4D. Enjoy the demo and the purchasable full version will be available again soon. A note to those who have already purchased the plugin, You will have immediate access to the new files when they are enabled again.

Thanks to everyone for helping me make this a solid plugin for everyone.

Enjoy the DEMO.

~Shawn

Great plugin Shawn. I had a play last night. I will definitely be using this plugin to create backgrounds for my space scenes.

Couple of suggestions. Some basic documentation on installing the plugin plus getting started would be useful. if you click on the horizonatal dots to make the plugin group window stay in the viewport its horizontal size isn't wide enough and the windows icon is squashed.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest shawnfoster

Thanks Nigel. I will take a look at those things you mentioned. Also I will definitely improve the documentation that comes with it. Plus the documentation will be included in the plugin folder instead of as a separate download. I really appreciate your kind words and your suggestions.

~Shawn

Credit where credit's due :) You've done a good job.

As far as I can tell the Space object has no options. Is this correct? I wouldn't mind controlling how many stars there are plus for a future version have the ability of throwing in some comets and nebulas.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest shawnfoster

Yes the space object has no options in this version. For the next full version I am planning on making some custom shaders that allow me to do the things you mentioned with the space object. I also plan to add a few more objects like comets and asteroids. Plus, there will be an option to add more than one orbiting object. I also plan to create custom shaders for the cloud generator and surface generator. I have big plans for Planet X Generator 2.0 LOL

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

lol.. that's okay with me. I love adding to what I already have. :thumbsup:

I am waiting for some software to come in the mail so that I can more easily get the 64bit windows version done. Then I will resend it all out to get compiled for mac and we should be good to go. Hoping this happens in the next few days.

~Shawn

All,

Okay....I re-did a WIP in my gallery using Planet X Generator 1.0. If you recall, it was this image: As you may recall, I made this image because I wanted to create a very realistic earth planet and the whole thing was a big exercise in shaders. Well, I was never, ever happy with the how the earth came out. Since working on Planet X, I not only got to help create a great plugin, but I learned a ton from how Shaun builds his planets. I therefore strongly urge that you don't just click the "make great art" button this plugin gives you but that you also take to the time to disect in detail how Shaun built his shaders. Trust me, you will learn a great deal (it's not just a plugin, it's a shading course).

So using Planet X, I re-did that work to create this image:

post-6814-126628285204_thumb.jpg

I have to say, I am now finally happy with the earth (and it only took 25 revisions before I used Shaun's plugin!!!).

3D-Pangel

Guest shawnfoster

Hey everyone. The Windows 32 bit and Mac 32bit and 64 bit are available in the same download. The 64 bit windows will be coming I am just waiting for some software to get to me in the mail. I have updated the previous windows version download to include the mac download and some bugs have been fixed. This is 1.0.1. If you have already purchased the Generator you can go to the My Purchases section and download the new version. Thanks to those who have purchased. I will announce when the 64 bit windows version is ready.

~Shawn

Archived