Planet X Generator - New Plugin by Ember in the Rain

Guest shawnfoster

Guest shawnfoster

Here's a cool looking planet I created with using the Surface Generator options. Just playing around. I'd love to see what others have made with the Generator.

~Shawn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shawnfoster

Wow! Microsoft has issues with there shipping process. It is taking them forever to get that software to me. The 64 bit version is coming soon. Sorry for the delay everyone. Hope you are enjoying the 32 bit version in the meantime. Also to those mac users out there. Or anyone who purchases the plugin from now on. Would you mind reporting back to me to let me know that installation went okay and that everything is working fine.

Thanks,

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

I am uploading a new Demo which includes the MAC OSX 32 bit and 64 bit versions as well as the Windows 32 Bit version. This demo version is fully functional in the DEMO version of Cinema 4D. it will replace the demo that is currently available. The new demo should be available within the next half hour or so in the downloads section at www.emberintherain.com.

This will give the Mac users a chance to try before you buy as well.

Thanks,

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

Microsoft has finally shipped my software. LOL they say it will be here on the 24th. SO the 64 bit version will be available on that day. Hope you are all enjoying your copy of Planet X Generator.

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

I added the 64 bit windows version to the DEMO. I was wondering if some people would download the demo and try it out to make sure that they 64 bit version is working properly for them. If it is, would you please let me know and I will add it to the shop later on today.

Thanks,

Shawn

You can find the DEMO HERE!

Guest shawnfoster

I am happy to announce that both Windows and Mac OS X platforms are now supported in both 32 bit and 64 bit. You can purchase the Planet X Generator now and you will get all of these platforms when you download. This means that with one purchase you will be able to use the plugin on all platforms. Thanks to those who have purchased so far. I am always working to improve my products. You will see updates as they are available. Anyone who purchases will be able to get free updates until version 2.0 is released. Which will be quite some time. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

~Shawn

You can purchase the plugin HERE.

Guest shawnfoster

If you have already purchased the Planet X Generator and are a current customer of Ember in the Rain, you will now find updates in the Client Area on the Ember in the Rain website. Here you will be able to download the Generator without the presets folder to save on download times. Updates usually do not require that you download the presets folder so I have provided the plugin without the presets folder. I hope that this makes things easier for existing customers. Thanks again for your support.

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

Hey everyone, I am working on some updates for the Planet X Generator. One of the additions I will be adding to the next updated release is a meteor object. Here is a sample of what I have done so far.

The next update is coming in the near future.

Thanks,

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

Hey everyone, I have added a maintenance update to Planet X Generator. This update includes some bug fixes that were particularly annoying.

:)

Here a quick list of bug fixes...

- Fixed the cloud shadows that remained on Uranus

- Fixed cloud presets Hurricane, Global Storm, and Tranquil

- Fixed clockwise/counter clockwise rotation

- Fixed rotation speed

- Fixed the bug where child planet objects were being added to random objects.

You can find the Planet X Generator HERE.

Anyone who have already purchased PXG will find the update in their "Client Area". New purchases will have access to the updated file after their payment has been processed.

I am not going to share too much about future development but I will tell you that I have HUGE plans for the PXG. I plan to develop a variety of useful tools for creating realistic and beautiful space scenes. I am currently developing my own particle generator that will be used in future PXG releases. I will let your imagination sore as to what those particles can be used for. :)

Thanks,

~Shawn

I plan to develop a variety of useful tools for creating realistic and beautiful space scenes. I am currently developing my own particle generator that will be used in future PXG releases. I will let your imagination sore as to what those particles can be used for. :)

Thanks,

~Shawn

...oh wait 10.5

Archived