Planet X Generator - New Plugin by Ember in the Rain

Guest shawnfoster

Sold!

I am possibly up for a job that needs it, but why wait....

Morph

EDIT: Where oh where is the purchase button? I can't see it anywhere.... :)

EDIT2: Discovered that I need to register first. Needs to be made clearer...

EDIT:3 Just bought it too. Can't wait to have a play whenever the serial and download instructions come through. Yay!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shawnfoster

Hey guys. currently I approve orders manually but I am working on getting an automatic system up and running. Should be done within this week. I really appreciate your support and your purchases.

Morpheus, I sent you a PM over at emberintherain.com. check it out. :)

Thanks again guys. I'm looking forward to the next release of PXG. It's gonna be a cool one.

~Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

THanks James.. I'm glad you are enjoying it. ANyone who has time, and decides to purchase, I'd love it if you could write a testimonial in the Testimonials section of the forums.

Guest shawnfoster

Just a side note. If you purchase the plugin from my site I will need to manually approve your purchase. This means that there may be a small wait before you get approved to download or receive your serial number. Please assume that there will be up to a 10 hour wait. This allows for time in case I am asleep when you order. Most of the time you will get your info within 30 minutes. However, Since I am selling internationally, some people may order while I am sleeping. Thanks a lot for understanding. I am working on getting an automated system and it should be in place within the next week.

Thanks,

~Shawn

Guest xixac

Regardless of the quality of the plugin, the whole setup is extremely unprofessional. So there was supposed to be a sale until the 15th, which then was pre-dated to the 13th. But the entire site went offline on the 12th incl. DNS. Wow! Site's back up today - the 13th - and one discovers that a forum account has to be created to purchase the plugin. But wait - there is more. The module for the store has been disabled. Just until the 14th? Who knows. Absolutely ridiculous wasting everyone's time like that.

The following post does not reflect the opinions of Shawn or Ember In the Rain, LLC... though I'd like to think they do;)

I'd say welcome.gif , but I don't really welcome that kind of attitude on the cafe. Technical concerns like that are best handled directly with the developer, instead of choosing to introduce yourself to this community by flaming the developer of a plugin that you want because of:

A. Technical troubles that may not even be his fault.

B. Him trying to make improvements to his site so he can deliver the product faster.

Also, ask any plugin developer if they guarantee their site to be available 24/7/365 and they will kindly explain to you how ridiculous that expectation is. Things happen, servers go down; and sometimes the site admin is trying to improve things... all extremely reasonable things to expect; and yes, they can even happen during a promotional period. I'm sorry you ended up experiencing some downtime, but dude, there are far more professional ways to handle this (yet another irony).

I also find it ironic that you took the time and effort to sign up for this forum to complain about having to sign up to use the benefits of another website.

If you had simply written Shawn an email, he probably would have re-activated the store module just so you could purchase; or, if he couldn't at that time, extended the promotional period to make up for the downtime.

anyway, the shop seems to be working just fine for me, so go get PXG while it's still on the cheep.

-kvb

Guest shawnfoster

Dear xixac,

I apologize for the inconvenience and I am happy to extend the sale another week. I have spent the entire day trying to get the site in working order again and it is working now.

Creating an account is so that you have access to your files at any time whenever you need them. (Outside of the down time required for updates and improvements). It is also necessary for you to get proper support on the forums.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your interest and I hope that you will give Ember in the Rain a second chance.

Have a Great Day!

~Shawn

Ember in the Rain, LLC.

Guest xixac

Hmm.., been on this board for a year or two and since the entire thread is about the plugin, sale and fulfillment I thought it was OK to post my experience. Especially so since the entire site was flickering in and out of existence. It's just that I spent half my lunch break trying to order yesterday and then no luck today either. Maybe a note here would have been nice telling people that the site would be gone for a couple of days. Anyway - my bad - sorry if anybody got offended.

Guest shawnfoster

Thanks for the input.

I have posted this on my site.

Due to technical difficulties with the site, I am extending the length of this sale another week. I appreciate everyone's patience while I try to improve the site. Within the next month or so, there will be one more transition as I switch over to what I hope to be the permanent shopping system for this site. The system that I am planning to implement will aleviate all of the concerns and difficulties that people have mentioned to me.

Thanks again for your patience. This sale will now end on MAY 25 2010.

Thanks,

Shawn

Guest shawnfoster

I have just added a new shopping cart system to the site. All you have to do now is click the add to cart buttons on the home page to purchase the items. No need to sign up for an account, although if you would like support, you will need to sign up for an account. You will now have immediate access to your downloads and you will receive an email with your serial number.

Another added benefit to signing up for an account is that you will have unlimited access to your purchase at any time. With the new shopping cart, your download links are valid for 5 days.

I am hoping that this will make the whole process easier for everyone.

Please give me feedback as to how you like the new setup and process. I am always looking for ways to make the experience better for everyone.

Thanks.

~Shawn

• 1 month later...

Archived