Sign in to follow this  
srek

Warning QT 7.6.6 on OS X 10.5 breaks texture import

• Topic Author
  • OS X 10.6 did not have this problem.

It's good to hear it's working for you now :thumbsup:

Cheers

Bjorn

OK, I think I have good news on this front. I let my Mac OS 10.5.8 system at home run the latest updates. I now have QuickTime 7.6.9 and am running C4D in 64 bit mode. I just tried using a QuickTime movie as a texture and it now works! I tried a files using different codecs: Animation + alpha, a flat h.264 and PhotoJPEG codec and all worked perfectly!

Can someone confirm that this now works on Snow Leopard as well? I'd like to upgrade but didn't want the hassle of breaking this feature again since I use it often.

Thanks.

Any other answers or confirmations for this entry? I already have the QT 7.6.9 disk image in my desktop ready to be installed but I'm afraid to have the same issues or a worst one. Somebody? Anyone?

Edited by DanielTerraz

The Quicktime 7.6.9 release does NOT play with C4D 11.5 64 bit on a PPC Quad, OSX 10.5.8. (Leopard)

By not play, I mean that Cinema does not even launch. The app icon gives a flash and then nothing.

I used Pacifist to re-downgrade back to QT 7.6.4 (Pro) and C4D 64 bit is now functioning.

Alan.

Repeat after me: Path spline in TOP, profile in FRONT.