Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest alangh

Cant get a video texture to play in cinema 4d ! please help?

Guest alangh
  • Topic Author
  • Cant get a video texture to play in cinema 4d !!!!!!!!!!!! please help?

I cant get the video to work on a texture in Cinema 4D, it just come out black and when I preview it it says texture error, I've done this before a lot of time but I don't know whats happening this time. I've tried a lot of video formats but I don't know what could be happening.

Are you using quicktime? Maybe try using an image sequence, or different format. If you updated quicktime player and your texture is a quicktime movie, it's possible that's the problem.

Okay,it is probably time for me to go to bed - i see things in double laugh.gif

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Your were seeing double. I've fixed up the post.

As mentioned don't use QT, use a still image sequence. This tutorial here may help as well.

3DKiwi

Guest Harrybee
  • Topic Author
  • Did you change to a 64 Bit Operation system and start you R10.5 in 64 Bit mode?

If yes then your problem is related to the none existing 64 Bit functionality of Quicktime.

You can avoide the problem when you use the C4D R10.5 32-Bit version or to use a picture sequence with a none QT related picture format if you want to use C4D R10.5 64-Bit version.

BTW: This was fixed in the C4D R11.5 Version with an own 'internal' QT version in C4D.

CU ;-)

Guest AlexR
  • Topic Author
  • I'm running 11.5. QT version 7.6.6 (1632), and I only see the black box. I've exported to every format available from QT to no avail.

Anyone got any suggestions?......

This can't be this difficult, this has to be me missing something. Hoping it's Pilot Error, not software tomfoolery.

@AlexR

It's Apple software tomfoolery. From QuickTime Player, export your movie as image sequence. ALSO, your scene file should be in the same directory as the images. Now import the first image in the sequence and Cinema will recognize it's part of a sequence.

As for getting it to play in the preview window, I'm still struggling with that.