• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sxpeters

Zoom in?

• Topic Author
  • Is there a way to zoom in without effecting the camera? I am trying to line up a model with an image in a photo. I have the camera angle and focal length the way I want it, as well as the position of the model. If I move in the model no longer will line up with my object, but I need to get closer to fine tune the position?

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Tallman

Not sure if I understand exactly, but if your saying you just want to zoom in the viewer, then choose the editor camera in your display window rather than the camera in your scene. Then zoom away and you wont affect your camera. Furthermore, once I get my camera's set the way I want, I usually put a protection tag on them so I don't accidently change any of the settings.

TM

• Topic Author
  • What I am trying to do is to line up a model with a background image, so I want to be able to zoom into the model and the background image. I am trying to use a model as a shadow catcher so that I can then apply that shadow to an actual photo so I need to get the model lines up exactly.

Thanks,

Steve

I would use a target expression tag on the camera then make sure you are looking through the camera. Zoom in using the viewport zoom button. All this does is move the camera. Your camera settings remain unchanged.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • I want to be able to zoom in on the model and the background image. Zooming in the viewport does not zoom in on the background image.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest dataflow

just map the Bg image using camera projection.(but use a Plane instead of a BG object)

then just duplicate your camera and use the duplicate as your mapping camera.

the bg then should move (just make sure your not looking through the duplicate camera when you zoom in)