Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulselhi

R12 Dynamics

For me, it hangs with 2500 capsules, but is OK with 1000 using the Inheritance tag - Apply tag to children.

Another problem I am having is that as the jar fills up some capsules start escaping through the bottom of the jar!

post-73611-047844600 1283697885_thumb.pn

Might be a hernia. Is the bottom most vertice a single one? oops.gif

No, it's not hemorrhoids either cause they're escaping to a new life on the outside world!!!

Just register and you can save it for 42 days. :)

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

Thanks, Rene. I'd totally forgotten about that.

The same thing happens with plane as the collider, collisions are fine until about frame 300 then the capsules start going through the plane mesh. Strange!

post-73611-056825200 1283702977_thumb.pn

Re collision problems. Play around with the collision modes. You may need to increase the frame sub-sampling.

3DKiwi

Hi Nigel,

Yes, it could be as the capsules speed up later in the animation they start to penetrate through the plane, it certainly occurs more with time.

Can you tell me were I can find the Frame Sub Sampling control as this could help.

I have attached the file if you would like to try it.

Cheers,

SolarExpress

r12dynplane.c4d.zip

One way to keep them from penetrating the shape could be changed to moving mesh. This makes it take longer. The other would be upping the sub sampling like you mention.

Edit: To up the sub sampling go to Edit > Project Settings > Dynamics. Forgot to put it before. laugh.gif

Thanks Fastbee, yes that certainly stops the capsules going right through the plane although they still penetrate it a bit.

I actually tried it with upping the sub samples and leaving the shape on automatic and it does work a lot faster then changing the shape to moving mesh.