Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulselhi

R12 Dynamics

Where are you changing the sub samples please I've been trying to find Frame Sub Sampling like is in Clothide, but couldn't find it for Dynamics?

• Topic Author
  • attributes-document- dynamics

Thanks Paul, that's what I was looking for. Increasing to 20 Steps per Frame stopped the capsules going through the plane although they still penetrate it a bit at times, more steps helped, but of course that means more processing time.

Nice video by the way!

• Topic Author
  • As i said earlier the dynamics does not really like small objects and an ideal size for a capsule would be 100 - 200 cm, work your scene around that. Also i mentioned before that intersections can be deceiving, make a flattened cube, remove the top poly and extrude at 90 degrees to give a fairly thick walled box, drop some capsules in and in wireframe view you may see intersections these do no show in render, switch to isoparm view and the intersections are gone

Thanks for that Paul, I'll try all the suggestions you have given me.

Cheers,

SolarExpress

Yeah sub sampling is here. A rate of 25 virtually eliminates the capsules going through the plane object.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Just a note on my earlier render it seems that the jittering/shimmering may have been caused by VMB and reflections since VMB does not blur reflections. I have tested a scene without VMB and am getting one of my forum members to render the scene at a decent size so i don't have to resize from my demo renders. If it does what i think it should then i will post the result

Since, this is a general dynamics thread, I would like to ask if anyone knows how to attach a few points of a soft bodies to another polygon object? Like if I wanted to attach 4 points of a flat flag made of a soft bodies to a pole and wave it around. With cloth this can be done with the belt tag, but I haven't found anything like that for softbodies.

Guest dataflow

Since, this is a general dynamics thread, I would like to ask if anyone knows how to attach a few points of a soft bodies to another polygon object? Like if I wanted to attach 4 points of a flat flag made of a soft bodies to a pole and wave it around. With cloth this can be done with the belt tag, but I haven't found anything like that for softbodies.

try the "Connector" in the "Simulation" menu

• Topic Author
  • OK this is a rework of the scene to see if i could get rid of the shimmering, one of my forum members kindly rendered this for me at 800x450 to make sure it was not my upscaling that did this. The shimmering has gone though there is some issue with the floor in the distance. This is not due to the codec i used in r11.5 (xvid) to render the animation as it is there in the stills. An AA issue I think

Now i did some other tests to make sure it was not the Sky GI causing the shimmering, i think it definitely was the VMB as reflections are not blurred with VMB. This time i used IR+QMC 1 bounce and the "pills" are set to have no GI as they are lit by reflections. Some AO on the floor helps to "ground" them.

I redid the sim scene scale as per my earlier posts and the sim is stable and the GI is flicker free ( what there is of it). This apparently rendered out at about 3 frames a minute on an I7 920 at 4.0 Ghz with 6 GB RAM

http://www.black-and.../R12dynfull.avi