Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulselhi

R12 Dynamics

@SolarExpress -- Can snow globes be very far away?

Or perhaps a lottery number generator ;-)

Here is something like fluids that I made using R12.

Looks good Fastbee, any chance of telling how it was done or posting the file.

Cheers,

SolarExpress

@Fastbee You need to make a selection of all the points that you want to move on your softbody. It's the reverse of the cloth set points. Then put the selection in the mass map under the soft body tab.

@SolarExpress

No chance of posting the scene file because it was done with the R12 Demo but I discovered that the metaballs object sees a sphere primitive as a point. I then just made a cloner, made a metaballs, put the metaballs as a parent of the cloner, put a sphere in the cloner, and put the dynamics tag on the cloner. Adjusted the size of sphere, metaballs settings, etc. and made this. It does not look like real water because the metaballs do not react like water would. When they clump together their volume increases way to fast.

@baramdo

How do you then animate the points change in position or rotation without making it glitch? If the points can be moved interactively that would be even better.

Happy Rendering

Fastbee

Thank you Fastbee, I'll give it a try.

@Fastbee - If it's just a stationary flag you can use the soft body option. If you are moving it I would just use the standard cloth with belt tags.