Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulselhi

R12 Dynamics

@baramdo

I'm not really making a flag I just was wondering if there is a similar function to the belt tag for soft bodies.

So your saying it can't be done with soft bodies?

Guest Krodil

how do I make the 'carpet' of cubes deform over a sphere?

Put a cube as a child of the cloner object then set the cloner object to object mode. Make a plane with a cloth tag and place it in the object field that appears in the cloner object.

Basically the cloner make the clones over the planes surface and the plane is using the cloth tag to look like cloth.

Fastbee - If the flag is stationary it can be done with soft body. If you are moving it around why go to the trouble of having to override the dynamics with Xpresso to make the flag stick to the pole. Just use the cloth in that case.