Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmVRay

Video Tutorial for the New DPIT Effex 1.5

Re price. I think compared to Realflow it's pretty well priced. Also similar to what MAXON was charging for modules.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • From what I read you can buy the non commercial version and then upgrade to the commercial version for the difference in price, as long as there have been no pay for upgrades during the interim.

R12, new machine, Wacom and now this DPIT and Maxwell upgrade will clear me out for sure. I was looking to get Illustrator but not in this year...

Cheers

• Topic Author
  • R12, new machine, Wacom and now this DPIT and Maxwell upgrade will clear me out for sure. I was looking to get Illustrator but not in this year...

Cheers

Two cheaper alternatives to Illustrator are DrawPlusX4 and Xara Designer Pro 6. They both are easier to use, especially the path or spline tools.

Guest space

I preordered the bundle a few days ago and I'm playing around with the Effex stuff for two days now. Or should I say nights? Way too late again now, you forget time while playing with this plugin.

Samir will release example scenes together with the R12 version in the next days. I can't wait to get to see those scenes.

Viscous liquids are really fun and I like the mesher in combination with thinking particles.

I got my effex upgrade a couple of days ago and it runs great on my laptop using C4D11.

The viscous stuff is great fun and the gas/fire side of it has also had a complete overhaul too. Much easier to use.

Samir also let slip about a service update due around xmas time with even more fun stuff to be added.

Morph

Guest space

There's a demo available now at www.dpit2.de :thumbsup:

Just wanted to share with you a little animation example I did with Effex1.5. I wanted to achieve a sheet-like look of the liquid, and that was possible after some experimenting:

http://www.cardiomyocytes.com/DPIT/obstacletest2a.mov

post-8126-0-54877900-1288597952_thumb.jp

Thanks for the animations. Looks pretty good to me although just a tad gooey.

3DKiwi

Yeah it looks good but ditto that what Nigel said? maybe increase the amount of particles and tune down viscosity a bit :signthankspin:?

Cheers