Video Tutorial for the New DPIT Effex 1.5

mmVRay

R12, new machine, Wacom and now this DPIT and Maxwell upgrade will clear me out for sure. I was looking to get Illustrator but not in this year...

Cheers

Two cheaper alternatives to Illustrator are DrawPlusX4 and Xara Designer Pro 6. They both are easier to use, especially the path or spline tools.

I preordered the bundle a few days ago and I'm playing around with the Effex stuff for two days now. Or should I say nights? Way too late again now, you forget time while playing with this plugin.

Samir will release example scenes together with the R12 version in the next days. I can't wait to get to see those scenes.

Viscous liquids are really fun and I like the mesher in combination with thinking particles.

I got my effex upgrade a couple of days ago and it runs great on my laptop using C4D11.

The viscous stuff is great fun and the gas/fire side of it has also had a complete overhaul too. Much easier to use.

Samir also let slip about a service update due around xmas time with even more fun stuff to be added.

Morph

Just wanted to share with you a little animation example I did with Effex1.5. I wanted to achieve a sheet-like look of the liquid, and that was possible after some experimenting:

http://www.cardiomyocytes.com/DPIT/obstacletest2a.mov

post-8126-0-54877900-1288597952_thumb.jp

Was that animation rendered with VRay or AR3? How long did it take to calculate and render? I wonder if it would be possible for presets to be incorporated in future version (i.e. water, motor oil, latex paint etc.) it might save alot of time for the non-experts.

EDIT: It would be nice to be able to at least name and save your own presets so that you did not have to go through set up each time.

It would be nice to be able to at least name and save your own presets so that you did not have to go through set up each time.

It's possible, there are preset options in solver and generator objects. Maybe they are not in the demo version.

It's possible, there are preset options in solver and generator objects. Maybe they are not in the demo version.

OK, I did not see that in the video. I haven't downloaded the demo yet, I'm waiting on the R12 version.

• 5 weeks later...

great video, I downloaded the demo version of DPit for C4DR12 today, haven't stopped playing with it, it's addicting, especially the fluid generators. The demo version is here:

http://www.dpit2.de/downloads.html

Archived