Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mattrabbit

!Urgent! Cloner Object & Spline Wrap cannot satisfy my desires

Guest mattrabbit
  • Topic Author
  • Hi there!

I've decided to stop taking an independent line and start asking the pros... this issue is driving me nuts!

I'm trying to build some sort of a winding film strip animation which would be easy if it was just one long piece of film. what makes it impossible so far is the fact that I wanna build a chain of sligthly extruded images separated by gaps. I've already tried to achieve it using a cloner object in object mode which didn't do the trick. The single pieces are following the spline indeed but I also need them to bend along the spline which they don't. The attached image shows an other attempt using one cube, an alpha channel to separate the pieces and mograph spline wrap. this solution logically doesn't provide caps on two sides of the pieces but at least it shows what i want to achieve...

Since I'm a bloody c4d-beginner I really ran out of approaches to the problem. Does anyone have an idea on how I could fix this?

Yours sincerely

Matt Rabbit

post-99918-0-23178200-1290154378_thumb.p

Guest deepshade
  • Topic Author
  • I did this ages ago with textures - also had little geometry test (it may need refining - holes rounded with hypernurbs, weight the outside edge to keep sharp etc)

cloned, thickened with the explosion deformer (or cloth nurb) and spline wrapped seemed to fit the bill

you can space it by adjusting the clone poistion setting

and the image that started it all

Guest mattrabbit
  • Topic Author
  • thank you, thank you so much!! that's the perfect solution! and your rendering looks great!