Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dondo

Tips for speeding up Pyrocluster renders?

• Topic Author
  • I'm working on animation with some Pyrocluster clouds and the scene is a render hog. Is there anything that anyone can suggest for speeding up a render?

All the info you will get here is to be found in the manual. Look at the enviroment shader settings. Use soft shadows ( if you need shadows) and watch your pyro size when using SS, do a test with different pyro sizes and the same light shadow settings as see the difference

• Topic Author
  • There is a smiley on another forum that I would link to if hot linking were allowed. It is happy and has lots of hearts.

• Topic Author
  • Kiwi, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Alan Rickman, the guy who plays Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies? Would you record some audio of you saying "potter" very sinisterly? bigsmile.png

Kiwi, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Alan Rickman,

Er, no smile.gif

Not sure how my Kiwi nasal twang could be mistaken for Professor Snape. Here's my best effort at sounding like Snape.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • Er, no :)

Not sure how my Kiwi nasal twang could be mistaken for Professor Snape. Here's my best effort at sounding like Snape.

3DKiwi

That's awesome! roflmao.gif

Maybe Nigel is secretly David Rickman (Alan's brother, who happens to be a graphic designer... according to WIkipedia) roflmao.gif

With Alan as a acting coach it wouldn't be too difficult to impersonate a New Zealander laugh.gif

-kvb

Actually I think with a few whiskies in me I do a much better Dumbledore voice smile.gif

3DSnape

Guest dataflow

you nearly sound like snape.

just do the voice in a bit higher pitch.

try saying this line

http://www.fanpop.com/external/3150939

Nah mate, I sound nothing like Snape.

Nah mate, I sound nothing like Snape.

Actually Nigel, you do :)

We never accurately perceive how our own voices sound. He's got a more nasally voice, but it's pretty damn close. You could easily pull off some prank calls.

One of my buddies is a HUGE Alan Rickman fan. I'd pay the charges if you're up for calling Texas to prank him. Just stick a pair of ear plugs up your nose and you're good to go roflmao.gif

-kvb