Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arthur

Finding missing textures?

• Topic Author
  • Hello,

My first post in quite a while.

There is probably a simple solution to this which is why I'm asking the question.

My biggest annoyance with C4D is when I render and the texture has gone missing(for whatever reason) from the location where it was when the project was first started. I may have moved it without thinking.

In the rendering options menu there is an option to ignore texture errors. However sometimes I would like to find and replace the missing texture. However I have to go through every single material to find the reference to the missing texture file. Is there an easier way??? So for example can C4D show me whch material the texture is missing from? If I have 20 or 30 materials each with different textures, i want to be able to find the exact one without having to review each material separately.

Thanks

Admin

You can set default texture paths in preferences, but rather keep your textures in the tex folder of the project.

Cheers

If you do a File>Save Project, that should gather up all the texture files and sort out the linking issues. Then just launch the file from the project folder.

Mark

The error message will tell you which material you have to deal with. Then you can do a search directly from the window that opens to replace the missing material (you can on a Mac, so I assume you can also do it on Windows).

Cheers

Karl

Another method that might help is this. In the Attributes manager, click the Mode menu, then click Info manager. When that appears, select the Textures tab. This will show all bitmaps used in the scene, with their apparent path. There's a button to click called 'Mark missing textures' which does exactly that. The one thing it doesn't do is show which material(s) each bitmap belongs to. But it's still quite useful.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Ok so I found the missing textures and redirected C4d to their whereabouts. Now the problem is this, i save the project as a project which should bundle all textures/materials into a single folder right? Then hit net render and after about 10 secs...error. Missing textures (all the ones i reimported) and low memory??? Any clues. What am I doing wrong.