Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spedler

New plugin - DarkTree simbiont for C4D

• Topic Author
  • My latest plugin, an update of the 'simbiont' plugin to use the DarkTree shader system in C4D, is now available. This system brings a number of additional procedural shaders to Cinema, giving some very complex results without the use of bitmaps. The plugin has been unavailable for C4D since release 8.5, but it has now been updated for more recent releases of Cinema.

For more details about the DarkTree system you can see the Darkling Simulations site, but if you want to see some examples of the system and download a copy of the plugin, visit my site at http://www.microbion.co.uk/graphics/c4d/dtshader.htm. Versions of the plugin are available for C4D R10/10.5, R11, R11.5 and R12, and a detailed manual is included.

NB - I should mention that it's only available for Windows, as the DarkTree libraries are not available for the Mac.

The plugin is free for personal and commercial use. However, if you like the plugin you can make a donation to support its future development, if you wish. There's a donate button at the same link as above.

I hope you enjoy the plugin!

very cool.. SpedleR.. as soon as I can Donation coming.. I still use this for 9.6.. love it.. I just do not like.. if you use a color light the darktree shaders stay white.. I can not wait to yupgrade then try this out.. thisrocks.gif

thank you for doing this..

Thanks Steve, do you know if VRayForC4D will support these shaders? If not they are still very valuable for AR3 indeed.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Steve, do you know if VRayForC4D will support these shaders? If not they are still very valuable for AR3 indeed.

Vray for C4D can use the channel shader, and it works very well in the Vray materials (including displacement). As with the native volume shaders in C4D, such as Nukei, Banji, etc., the volume shader won't work in Vray. The Vray developers could integrate the volume shader into Vray I'm sure, but without that sort of access it can't be made to work, unfortunately.

Thanks. I'll be into this. I used to use the Simbiont shaders all the time.

3DKiwi

Thanks for that one. Just a much missed "plugin".

Sweet! I'll be visiting soon. I always wondered what happened to those.

Thanks for this Steve

I used to use dark tree years ago.

Cheers

Steve

That is one really nice plugin, I think you are in for a small donation wink.gif

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your comments everyone. Can I just ask, has everyone who's tried it got it working okay? 2-3 people at CG Talk have reported problems with the plugin finding its DLLs. I'm just conducting a quick poll to find out if this is a common problem or not. There don't seem to be any common factors so far, but I've asked for more information.

Topic moved to Plugin Forum. Easier for folk to find and won't get buried too soon.

I'll add this to your Cafe Link Info. :)

Alan.

Quick question. When I use these shaders and want to net render with them, do I need to copy the plugin and associated files to the clients? Or are the contained in the project that I upload to the server? Thanks! This is, in short, awesome! Thank you. And when I get some extra funds, I will be sending some your way...

Jeff