Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spedler

New plugin - DarkTree simbiont for C4D

• Topic Author
  • P.S. Can you tell me where the JS Cliff shader is please?

It's on this page, the last shader on the bottom right. Note that it uses displacement, though. Unfortunately there's no way to build this in to C4D's volume shader. And you can't add a standard material with displacement because the cliff shader is a .dsts shader which you can't load into the displacement channel. That particular set of shaders seems to have been built for Maya, which I guess can do this.

However, it might still look fine just with bump, so give it a try.

Edit - if you are using R12 with LWF on, try using the gamma correction slider to set the volume shader's gamma to your monitor gamma (usually 2.2 unless it's an older Mac, when 1.8 is the monitor gamma). That might give better results than upping the brightness. But in the end, whatever looks right, IS right :-)

Hi Spedler,

Thanks for that. The shaders are very impressive and if you don't want to buy the software to author your own, there are some more available if you search the net.

Just a shame it was never ported to MAC OS.

Anyway your plugin is a great job!

Cheers,

SolarExpress

hey guys lets see some renders with the shaders..

Please make it work on Mac, please.....

hey guys lets see some renders with the shaders..

Here is a very quick sample of a dry mud shader.

post-6-0-63325300-1292688957_thumb.jpg

Peace,

Rich_Art. wink.gif

• Topic Author
  • Please make it work on Mac, please.....

Unfortunately it's not currently possible. The dark tree system consists of 12 windows DLLs and a compiled code library linked to the plugin code. Since I don't have the source code to the DLLs or the library - that's proprietary code, of course - I can't compile it for the Mac, as that would have to be done by the original developer. I have asked if that is possible, and it hasn't been definitively ruled out, but of course he's got lot of other things to do, so there's no guarantee it will ever happen.