Foam around moving ship

3dkobi

Hi,

I'm working on a little project of a ship (modeling is almost done), and I need to put it in the sea, and have to make it look like it's moving, with foam around it (something like the attached pic).

I have the basic c4d 10.5 with no modules.

Any idea how this can be achieved ?

Peace,

Kobi

post-6154-0-47898200-1294090497_thumb.jp

post-6154-0-21243700-1294090516_thumb.jp

Quite tricky with just the basic package. I did this recently with Dpit Effex which worked a treat. For you however, you should look into the proximal shader. There was an old tutorial that I think might even be on Maxons website that showed how to create the wake of a ball moving through the water.

I would think a mix of that with a clever displacement shader would be the way to go, but as I said before. Tricky! :)

Good Luck.

Morph

I'm using vray, the material is free: http://exorbit-art.de/2010/12/download-free-watershader-vrayforc4d/

I tweaked it a little bit and used deformed plane and displacment.

Peace,

Kobi

Here is a link to an earlier post on a solution of moving a boat through water. It allows you to move a boat through water. There is a project file you can download an to look at. If you search on Boat, Waves, Water etc. you will find lots of topics. LINK

Guest dataflow

There was an old tutorial that I think might even be on Maxons website that showed how to create the wake of a ball moving through the water.

I would think a mix of that with a clever displacement shader would be the way to go, but as I said before. Tricky! :)

Good Luck.

Morph

i made a tut using this technique.

but for some reason its not in the tut section no more.

if i can find it on my computer ill re upload it

Archived