Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lroger

Release 13 - When?

Guest lroger
  • Topic Author
  • My birthday is coming up and I was thinking of upgrading to the broadcast version of C4D 12. I got to thinking though that release 12 has been out for a while and that waiting for release 13 might be a better move. MAXON is currently offering a 25% discount on release 12 which makes me think they are looking to reduce their stock.

Does anyone know when release 13 is expected to come out?

Thanks!

Ah, it's the monthly 'when is the next version coming?' thread... :-)

Cheers

Karl

no 13 to come out.. bad luck.. have to wait till next year.. LOL.. just kidding.. :)

R13 will most probably be released in August/September 2012. Before that there will be R12.5 which will come out also in August/September judging by prior release cycle from MAXON. It is good idea to take the upgrade before R12.5 since there is a discount at the moment, and then will be easier to upgrade to R12.5 :)

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

I think HSrdelic is spot on with those dates. MAXON also always offers a sale a couple of months before a new release.

Yes, usually there is a month or two period after sale is over and they announce new version.

Want to know what is coming in new version :)?

Cheers

Want to know what is coming in new version :)?

*crosses fingers* Better Bevel tool, ETA predictions on renders, and pause / resume render button please. :)

Although I am not obligated by any legal agreement and am not a beta tester I could tell publicly what comes in next release (or two), but I feel that would be very unprofessional from my side.

I certainly dont want do discredit myself as a person who cant be trusted or cant keep it zipped, especially since I acquired that information by pure accident.

Bottom line is, Cinema is developed steadily and there is no reason not to look forward to next release :)

Cheers

*crosses fingers* Better Bevel tool,

I just added that feature, it's called Modo. :)

A great bang for the buck modeling upgrade, but because of that I'm stuck with 11.5 for the time being.

I won't go back into debt on the ol credit card for more 'under the hood' improvements.

Fingers crossed for 13...14....15....

Although I am not obligated by any legal agreement and am not a beta tester I could tell publicly what comes in next release (or two),

Arghh!!!

That was just mean.

:)

:)

Hey Jim!

I just added that feature, it's called Modo.

Slightly less mean than that ;)

Cheers

Although I am not obligated by any legal agreement and am not a beta tester I could tell publicly what comes in next release (or two), but I feel that would be very unprofessional from my side.

I certainly dont want do discredit myself as a person who cant be trusted or cant keep it zipped, especially since I acquired that information by pure accident.

Bottom line is, Cinema is developed steadily and there is no reason not to look forward to next release :)

Cheers

hmmm....looks like a visit to HSrdelic is in order with the intent to buy him as much beer (or wine...or scotch...or...) as he can drink to loosen his tongue.

3D-Pangel