Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest lroger

Release 13 - When?

Or everyone replies with things like "When it's ready", "about then", "2012" or "R13, that's unlucky, the next version will be R14".

3DKiwi

I beg to differ. My responses to the R12 thread a year ago were rather unique.

I will admit though that this thread has a seasonality to it, but like Christmas it seems like the "When is the next release coming out" thread starts earlier and earlier each year. Geeze, it is isn't even the same month as the Siggraph conference and we've started already.

So let's just state what we know and don't know:

What we don't know:

1) The release date

2) The features

What we do know:

1) It will not have all the features that everyone wants

2) There will be praise and glory for the developers at MAXON for what was implemented.

3) There will be criticism and anger for the developers at MAXON for what wasn't implemented.

4) It will cost more than any of us expected.

5) There will be lamenting and cries of anguish from those that did not take advantage of the upgrade sales or the MSA

6) Modo will be put forth as a shining example of how graphics software should be developed, marketed, released and priced.

7) Many of us will threaten to leave Cinema 4D and/or wish we had the power to expunge all knowledge of C4D's existence from the face of the planet, but then upgrade anyway.

8) MAXON senior leadership will be vilified for wanting to maximize profits - as if that thinking is unique to MAXON alone. They will be treated with far more anger than oil company executives.

9) Nigel will be the voice of reason through all this chaos.

10) Srek will run for cover until the storm passes. He will valiantly plead MAXON's case at the beginning, but will realize that it is a lost cause and spend his time at CGNetworks where saner minds prevail. He may re-emerge onto the Cafe forums around Christmas time.

11) MAXON may extend some price breaks to help those hobbyist amongst us upgrade...but that probability decreases each year.

12) It will be a far more stable release then what can be expected from the competition...and everyone will take that for granted.

13) Someone will make a post regarding feature requests for the next release...

...and the cycle continues.

3D-Pangel

Ha ha. 3D-Pangel, that was funny. And true.

Guest lroger
  • Topic Author
  • Hey, in my defense I didn't even know when 12 came out. I was surprised with a $1000 windfall and bought 12 before I could think of all the things I should've used the money for. So starting all this early was purely accidental on my part.

Thanks again though for all the info. I sure hope a better bevel tool makes it into 12.5 or 13 sc018.gif

I think what makes threads like this so popular is that with each new release of c4d comes the chance that it will solve all our current gripes with what is there now or what is missing. Then it does come out and disappointment sets in.

"I only got the new wheel of my shiny new bike with some clothing. I wanted the whole bike." we reply.

"Wait till next year son." MAXON replies.

"but I want it now!"

Scramble to friends house to their bike with no handle bars. (Maya)

Great looking bike with no wheels. (Modo)

Decide to scrap something together ourselves to have a working bike. 3DCoat, MOI, Vray, Messiah, headus.

bigsmile.png

Ha!

I suspect that bike-based analogies for software are about as useful as those involving automobiles. They're funnier, tho'.

Mark

10) Srek will run for cover until the storm passes. He will valiantly plead MAXON's case at the beginning, but will realize that it is a lost cause and spend his time at CGNetworks where saner minds prevail.

I think Bjorn does not represent MAXON on cafe, rather himself as a private individual. You can imagine how uncomfortable his position can be in some topics.

The fact is that now we are all waiting for MAXON to do the final testing on whatever they will put a R12.5 sticker too wink.gif

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

The sticker will read "Cinema 4D 2011" :)

@mabad

Where did I see that naming convention used...

I'll take the risk and say that new version will be called Fastray 5D :)

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

to paraphrase Gandalf:

R13 will not be early nor will it be late, it will arrive precisely when it is supposed to be.

Guest salvatore
  • Topic Author
  • Maybe MAXON jump right into the R 14.. becouse the nummer 13 is not a good sign. :) :)

Sal

10) Srek will run for cover until the storm passes. He will valiantly plead MAXON's case at the beginning, but will realize that it is a lost cause and spend his time at CGNetworks where saner minds prevail. He may re-emerge onto the Cafe forums around Christmas time.

Actualy i have provisions until easter 2012 ;)