• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasia

Zoom / Navigation In C4D

• Topic Author
  • Hi there,

is there a plugin or something I could get in order to be able to zoom where I 'look' like in other 3D programs?

Thanks a lot,

Kasia

I use the navicam plugin for thsi. Can't do without anymore.

- link -

Peace,

Rich_Art. :)

Now I'm a gamer :-) . Xbox One GameTag = Olijke Poffer

Try using a spacenavigator? Since i began using i can't imagine ever working without it..

• Topic Author
  • Hello RichArt,

I downloaded NaviCAM and I am trying to play with it but I think I'm doing something wrong because it doesn't make any difference :(

Could you maybe advice me how can I make use of it?

Gosh, sorry about that, I'm so silly :(

Hey,just put it in Plugin folder. There is no too much to see. Just run Cinema and thats it. If you "install" plugin correctly you should have it in your "Plugin" bar on top. From there select NaviCam and play with setup according to your workflow(speed). :)

Great plugin,btw. smile.gif

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  • I've done it, but I can't see any difference.

I run C4d, I've locked the plugin to my bar so it's visible.

I have 4 new buttons with blue camera.

No matter which one I click on and what I adjust - there is no difference apart from the speed.

How do you make use of it??

:(

You will see the difference during modeling,try it. :)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

Assign Navicam:Center, Navicam:Zoom In, and Navicam:Zoom Out to a mouse click or a keyboard shortcut. When one is triggered, the view should be centered on whatever object you've clicked on the viewport.

e.g. You assigned Navicam:Zoom In to the middle mouse button. If you click on an object on your scene using the middle mouse button, it should place the point you clicked on in the middle of the screen, zoom in, and set the view rotation to that point.

Since you're just clicking the buttons outside the viewport you're not triggering the plugin...

• Topic Author
  • Hey rustEdge,

that makes sense!

This is why I can't see any difference!

Can you tell me how do I assign these shortcuts?

Thanks a lot!

Kasia

Go to Window>Layout>Command Manager (Shift+F12). It's where you can access all the commands/objects/tools loaded on your machine. Type the name of the command you're looking for in the Name Filter box, then apply the shortcut you want on the item.

• Topic Author
  • Cool!

I've done it!

Thanks!