Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dimow

Tunel Of Clouds

Question

Guest dimow
  • Inquirer
  • I have a very strange question makmiday.gif Give me advice how can I make a tunel of clouds in C4D. This is example:

I think one of the tricks is PyroCluster, i dont know how to setup the emitter...If u can help me i will be greatful signthankspin.gif

You could probably use displacement and multiple tubes with alphas and good texture work.

1) Create a tunnel

2) Create a texture for the tunnel that looks cloudy (this is for the background that might be seen through the pyrocluster)

3) Use the surface emitter preset to create particles on the tunnel surface

4) Texture the particles with pyrocluster

5) Animate your camera down the tunnel

You will probably want to create two tunnels, one big and one small so that the background one is surrounding the created particles better.

The other way is to do it with textures. The textures would have to be animated and the tunnel mesh needs to have it's own movement which you can do with deformers.

M

i ddi something like this.. with a Dr Who reference from the last doctor as inspiration. I couldn't get the cloudy effect so opted for a more abstract tunnel effect. Pyrocluster seems the way to really nail it without a smoke particle generator in my opinion. Now you've got me thinking I should try again. (it was a fake dr who opening for a friend who is a big fan so I can do it again for next years birthday as an excuse)

Edit: I was wrong.

Got it. Use a Matrix object to clone particles on your tunnel and then add your Pyrocluster material to those particles. Here's a demo.

Guest deepshade
  • Inquirer
  • Yup - I was going the same route

but you really need to optimise the clouds and the the environment step size settings (around 100 seems max) - if you don't want to wait all year for it to render

could be improved - but its a start

That looks brilliant Deepshade. What are the render times like for that resolution?

M

Guest deepshade
  • Inquirer
  • That particular file was 320px and appox 4 mins on a 6-core mac

take the step size up to its max of around 100 and it should be around 3min

btw - the flashes are where the lights get too close to the PC spheres - like I said, needs work

PS - still hate PC - so difficult to use without getting visible spheres - in such an expensive app this is not acceptable and looks very dated

looks fantastic, I'm on version 11 but I'm guessing I can do the same with mograph and pyro.. have to try it out!

Guest deepshade
  • Inquirer
  • Yes - Same process

Built in Smoke preset - coloured slightly blue instead of grey. (Cloud preset too bright)

Don't use shadows on lights - important - unless you want to be there 'tll christmas