Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3DKiwi

Bodypaint Update

3dtodd, hdri's can be used in environment channel of materials for good reflections.

3dtodd, hdri's can be used in environment channel of materials for good reflections.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but I was wondering if 3DKiwi used the HDRI for rendering without Radiosity. He mentioned he did a Radiosity render that took a long time, and I was wondering if he was referring to this last render with HDRI.

Even setting way down to 40% radiosity takes some time.

John

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

Just been putting things together. The videos total 15 hours 35minutes. Just got a 5 minute intro to record after I've finished compiling the index.

Sure glad I've decided to go with data DVD format. 15 hours & 40 minutes would take quite a few CD's. A data DVD has also allowed me to use 32bit colour and higher quality audio.

The DVD also includes some bonus material including a ME109f C4D model by John Logan and some photographs by me of a Rolls Royce Merlin engine.

Regards

3DKiwi

And a final image. And if you havn't guessed the markings BP K stand for Bodypaint 3DKiwi. My own plane!! There was an Australian Spitfire Squadron with BP Squadron codes.

It looks like we're closing in on a soon to be released product! Yeaahh! :P

I can't wait.

• Topic Author

Looking very much like the end of September. The indexing is a huge job but since I cover almost every tool and command Willie (Escondar) suggested that an index would be very useful. I'm doing this as I do one final check to make sure the videos are okay.

Cheers

3DKiwi

I have a feeling its going to be a smash hit. :D

Are there plans to sell it through the MAXON site or only through here?

• Topic Author

Thanks Todd.

Only through here but who knows. MAXON USA will be receiving several copies to look at. The thing with me selling it is that I can post anywhere in the world without too much problem. Now that I'm doing it on one DVD it can be sent as an airmail letter.

I've kept the price down to make it more affordable for people so don't want to be cutting my margin any slimmer.

Regards

3DKiwi

• Topic Author

2.5 Probably not. I don't have my update yet or the manual update to play around with the demo.

I'm hoping to have it on sale by the end of next week if at all possible.

Most likely I'll do a 2 .5 update and have as a download.

Regards

3DKiwi

Guest ruinz

15 hours for the DVD. Thats amasing. Congrats.