Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

• Topic Author
  • Here's what i am waiting to be possible to do with C4D in near future:

So i am waiting for these features for C4D in some future, maybe far far away in future

(i tried to put these in order of importance by my opinnion):

Character animation:

-Skin & MSkin deformers need self-collision (and self-collision area/"vertex map" painting tools for critical ares)

-Muscles collision (need collision features, muscle collide to other muscle)

-Bones (possibility to create flexible bones too)

-Muscle sliding on bone

-Muscles attach (possibility to attach muscle to muscle)

-Soft body & cloth skin simulation. For example: loose skin and loose fat (with collision and self-collision features)

-Tension & Angle based deformations / Skin stretching extension for tension tag with fall-off features (something like this: www.cgaddict.com - fStretch)

-Face muscles (for creating face animations with muscle deformers)

-"face skeletons" for controlling face muscles

-Sticky lips (or xpresso node for sticky lips or tutorial for inside C4D's manual)

-Sculpting tools with animation capabilities (like Joe Alter's LipService)

-Morph Brush

Shortly (these for C4D):

-Maya Muscle System

-fStretch (cgaddict)

-LipService (Joe Alter)

-Soft body with passive points for rigging

Polygon animation:

-Animation path for polygon points / vertex (also in Morph mode, in this mode it would be also useful to have possibility to add multiple points for animation path)

-Possiblity to edit animation of selected points in/with F-Curve editor

-Possibility to break and create new polygons and extrude them in middle of animation (like doodle paint tool, frame by frame) with fade & size effects (like mograph does)

Vertex Map

-Simple Fall-off animator object (for creating fall-off animations for Vertex Maps)

Simulation:

-Passive points for Soft body (this would make possible to rig Soft body with these passive points and only the active points would be simulated)

-Glue feature for rigid and soft body objects

-Full support for DPit effex (better SDK for developers, with possibility to create plugin with interaction for all Cinema 4D modules)

-Better cloth tearing feature

-Better integrated Fracturing tools with fracturing capability in middle of animation (but i'am sure that Nitroblast is pretty good plugin too for this kind of job), so "Rayfire" for cinema 4D would be nice addition

-Golaem crowd simulation kind of tools for Cinema 4D (or golaem plugin for C4D) (ANIMA has still lots of working to do before it is good enough for crowd simulation, but i'am sure that ANIMA is most easy to use at the moment)

-Rope simulation

Particles

-Thinking particles 5 features (from Cebas) for C4D's Thinking particles

-Particle Brush/Paint tool (for generating particles, also should be able to animate them with smear kind of brush tools)

Rendering

-Displacement for OpenGL

Modelling

-knife tool with Disconnecting/separating option (possibility to cut shapes with disconnection feature)

-Polygon bruhs cloner tool (possibility to clone polygons with brush, it would be very similar to the Photoshop's cloner tool with cloning direction/angle/mirror features)

-Clone on surface brush (painting tool which would clone objects to other objects surface), (PaintOnSurface plugin sounds good but i would love to see it by integrated for C4D)

-Transformation tools (bending, twisting, rotating for selected points, with 3-clicks: 1. click determines the start point of "deforming" then user moves cursor, 2. click determines the length of deforming and then user moves cursor again 3. click accepts the deforming strength) [i know that there is possibility to create group from points / edges / faces and then use deformer for it, but i think it is too slow for speed modelling]

-Extrude brush (it would do the extruding by order of distance, and it would also take care of polygon's angle by direction of cursor move, this would speed up modelling a lot)

-Collision for polygon brush, it would collide to all other objects around which are close enough (smear, pull, normal etc.), (of course this can be now be able to do with collision deformer but i think it would make things faster if there would be collision option in brush tool too)

-New tool for retopology modelling

-1D push tool (tool which would pull polygon points for one direction, world -z direction for example)

-Sculpting tools (displacement with opengl support)

And maybe some modelling features from Rhino3D:

filletedge, chamferedge, and extruding with along by curve (spline extruding with possibility of point collapse extruding)...

Objects melting / optimizer

-Welder (for melting edges to each other with multiple objects for generating seamless edges between multiple objects) [it could be similar to jokermartini's welder plugin for 3dsmax)

Was quite a big list, i don't even know which i have tried to suggest for MAXON, but i think that they wouldn't even listen me.

-thank you for reading

Not what I would expect someone's first post to be. Okay I'll let this run for a bit. If it gets out of hand as these kind of threads can do then I'll be closing it down.

To be honest I think you'll be waiting forever for some of these suggestions to be implemented into C4D. I'm not sure it's MAXON's responsibility to make C4D more compatible with DPit effex. Surely it's the other way around and the responsibility of the plugin developer?

The Thinking Particles code is owned by MAXON. Any upgrade to TP will be by MAXON and not an upgrade to the Cebas TP.

I'm still waiting for some of the basics to be addressed before getting into the fancy stuff e.g. bevel tool that works and symmetry mode for modelling and painting

3DKiwi

Was quite a big list, i don't even know which i have tried to suggest for MAXON, but i think that they wouldn't even listen me.

-thank you for reading

I don't see anything i haven't read in the suggestions you sent to MAXON, most things you suggested several times.

Cheers

Bjorn

Not another one of these threads...

But on the other hand Srek is online, time to post my TP question... :thumbsup:

• Topic Author
  • Oh, there have been this kind of topics... I tried to found them but i didn't.

And, what comes for that it is not responsibility to MAXON...

I think it is, if Samir (dpit developer) can't code (because of bad sdk) dpit effex which would work correctly with all Cinema's simulation tools.

Or maybe i have understood something wrong...?

Oh, and srek? You are working on MAXON?

I can answer for that "several times"...

I really do have short memory so it's not surprising if i would send some massage several times, that's why i hope that there gonna be some kind of response for email in suggestion form in near future,

or some kind of list from features which have been send already.

And at the moment, i can see the suggestion form on MAXON's web site by double, and with multiple devices it looks same, there are double questions for each question.

What is that supposed to be?

-thank you for reading

• Topic Author
  • Really good to know that those suggestions really are readed... thank you.

And i really have short memory, even when i wrote something up, i will forgot it soon and i might found that same text from my pc later if i wrote new one.

Thats why i might wrote something twice or multiple times...

I try to stop making any suggestions any more... :/

-thank you for reading

PS.If you are workin at MAXON:

At the moment, i can see the suggestion form on MAXON's web site by double, and with multiple devices it looks same, there are double questions for each question.

What is that supposed to be? Or am i only one who see it in double?

Yep.

I was suprised to hear that Samir hadn't got a dev kit of R13 or wasn't one of the beta testers. It has delayed the release of an R13 version of Effex and MAXON should be a bit more on the ball for major plugins like this.

And yep, Srek works for MAXON and is the TP guru responsible for the TP Presets.

Guest shawnfoster

I don't think you should stop making suggestions. That is after all what MAXON has to go on in order to make improvements. I am sure that the person who has to receive the suggestions gets irritated after a while but it is after all their job to receive those suggestions. Or part of their job anyway. I think we all should continue to make suggestions to MAXON and hope that they deem our suggestions important enough to add it to Cinema 4D.

I am with Nigel though that I am waiting for basic modeling improvements to happen before I worry about suggestions of bigger and better stuff. Believe it or not, I actually want MAXON to make TRUE Symmetry obsolete. :D

Either that or I wish I could access to the modeling tools myself and add it in. :D In fact, on a modeling tool I am currently working on, I use TRUE Symmetry as a hidden tag to allow symmetrical modeling. If I can do it, MAXON can surely do it better. :D

~Shawn

• Topic Author
  • Either that or I wish I could access to the modeling tools myself and add it in. :D In fact, on a modeling tool I am currently working on, I use TRUE Symmetry as a hidden tag to allow symmetrical modeling. If I can do it, MAXON can surely do it better. :D

~Shawn

Oh, sounds good.

I also thought some kind of Knife tool options which would separated the object in two pieces (by cutting line), this would make a little easier and faster the "fracturing modelling" I thought it would be useful for this kind of job:

(i made this video with C4D). But it is pretty hard to do lots of fracturing with tools which cinema already have.

So lets add:

Modelling:

-knife tool with Disconnecting/separating option

And i would love to see other tools, lots of other modelling tools...

Guest dataflow

I don't think you should stop making suggestions. That is after all what MAXON has to go on in order to make improvements. I am sure that the person who has to receive the suggestions gets irritated after a while but it is after all their job to receive those suggestions. Or part of their job anyway. I think we all should continue to make suggestions to MAXON and hope that they deem our suggestions important enough to add it to Cinema 4D.

I am with Nigel though that I am waiting for basic modeling improvements to happen before I worry about suggestions of bigger and better stuff. Believe it or not, I actually want MAXON to make TRUE Symmetry obsolete. :D

Either that or I wish I could access to the modeling tools myself and add it in. :D In fact, on a modeling tool I am currently working on, I use TRUE Symmetry as a hidden tag to allow symmetrical modeling. If I can do it, MAXON can surely do it better. :D

~Shawn

MAXON are just leaving it to you so you can make a bit of money :thumbsup:

• Topic Author
  • Here's video from interesting plugin, which would be very nice addition for Cinema 4D:

(fStretch)

Oh... it has already second version:

It's hard to say since there is so much in C4D I haven't explored yet. I think the modeling tools could use a little love. As it stands now, any time I need to model something with a lot of holes, chamfers, bevels, etc. I do it in Rhino and import it to C4D.

Walter