Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

I don't see the logic behind you're statement I'm afraid =/

Admin

@kosmikal

I referred to your idea about plugin. I don't understand what you mean by "generate two points for polygon edge with one single click" - that is confusing me :)

Do you mean by any chance edge cut tool...?

Off course that you are right when you say everyone should chose software based on personal preference, it is perfectly natural.

Cheers

I wasn't meant to say that C4D plugin developers are amateurs... Don't take it too rough!

I hope you didn't upset from my "speak".

Not at all, I took no offence :-)

I was agreeing that most plugin coders for C4D are probably not doing it to make a living, but a combination of motives inclduding making a bit of money on the side - perhaps to support an increasingly expensive hobby. And that this is not going to change unless there is a truly huge increase in the user base of C4D.

TBH, I don't equate a vast range of features with being a 'professional' plugin. To my mind, a professional plugin is one you'd be happy to use in a production with money riding on it. To do that means that it must be reliable, produce consistent results, be well supported with good documentation, have NET render capabiltiy, license server support and so on (and I certainly don't claim that X-Particles meets all those criteria!). But anyone can cook something up with lots of features. Doesn't mean it's automatically a 'professional' plugin.

Steve

Guest dataflow

more feature in a plugin just means it took longer to make.

it doesnt mean its professional but it doesnt mean it isnt either just like a small plugin doesnt mean its amateur

I like how you write MAXON needs to and has to ;) ... No, they won't have the maya/max plugin developers recode the existing ones for C4D because no one will do it. As already stated many times, small userbase = few people to buy the plugin = little money for the developers.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

@kosmikal

I referred to your idea about plugin. I don't understand what you mean by "generate two points for polygon edge with one single click" - that is confusing me :)

Do you mean by any chance edge cut tool...?

Off course that you are right when you say everyone should chose software based on personal preference, it is perfectly natural.

Cheers

I thought plugin which would be like knife tool, but it would split edge two times with one click (and the distance with those cuted points would be determined by user himself). I know, it was stupid idea for an example, at least i thought it would be not good idea for plugin.

ANd yes, it would be just like edge cut tool, so thats why it would be usefulness... But only thing whit that plugin's good side would be that the user could determine the position of those points interactively.

• Topic Author

I like how you write MAXON needs to and has to ;) ... No, they won't have the maya/max plugin developers recode the existing ones for C4D because no one will do it. As already stated many times, small userbase = few people to buy the plugin = little money for the developers.

And the reason for small userbase is mostly the features and it is because of there is no enough plugins (or features). Cinema 4D would need only one big and great mind exploder plugin to have bigger userbase (i mean: Film makers and game industries).

It should be plugin which are not available for any other software yet (and it should be big thing), or the other way could be that MAXON would add all requested features for C4D and all those features would/should be integrated into C4D (like Houdini has). (it would be huge project i know). If C4D could be as stable as it is now, and it would be features which are included for SideFX Houdini then C4D would be most needed/wanted software ever, if MAXON could keep C4D as user friendly as it is now.

Or C4D could be the fastest software ever, that would be one key for bigger userbase too.

Everybody should always improve himself/herself (and i mean skills).

All what i wanted to do was: i was trying to create from this great software even better. All what i can do is suggest / request features which would be needed (sure there are features suggestions which are insane or unuseful but i would need all those features so i guess there could be others too.

And the reason for small userbase is mostly the features and it is because of there is no enough plugins (or features).

Wow, you seem to be fairly sure of that, i wonder why. It certainly does not corelate with the feedback we get from existing and potential users.

Actually the (many) suggestions you send via the suggestions form make up the bulk of all requests to include certain plugins.

As for small userbase, sadly i'm not allowed to give any real data on this, but the userbase has been growing rapidly in the last years, actually far beyond our own (not very modest) expectations.

Cheers

Bjorn

• Topic Author

Wow, you seem to be fairly sure of that, i wonder why. It certainly does not corelate with the feedback we get from existing and potential users.

Actually the (many) suggestions you send via the suggestions form make up the bulk of all requests to include certain plugins.

As for small userbase, sadly i'm not allowed to give any real data on this, but the userbase has been growing rapidly in the last years, actually far beyond our own (not very modest) expectations.

Cheers

Bjorn

That's great news.

• Topic Author

Yup, that's why all C4D users should email for maya / 3Dsmax plugin developers that they wan't them to C4D too. I'am quite sure that if there is much enough people requesting them fro C4D, it will be happen.