Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

Question

• Inquirer
  • Here's what i am waiting to be possible to do with C4D in near future:

So i am waiting for these features for C4D in some future, maybe far far away in future

(i tried to put these in order of importance by my opinnion):

Character animation:

-Skin & MSkin deformers need self-collision (and self-collision area/"vertex map" painting tools for critical ares)

-Muscles collision (need collision features, muscle collide to other muscle)

-Bones (possibility to create flexible bones too)

-Muscle sliding on bone

-Muscles attach (possibility to attach muscle to muscle)

-Soft body & cloth skin simulation. For example: loose skin and loose fat (with collision and self-collision features)

-Tension & Angle based deformations / Skin stretching extension for tension tag with fall-off features (something like this: www.cgaddict.com - fStretch)

-Face muscles (for creating face animations with muscle deformers)

-"face skeletons" for controlling face muscles

-Sticky lips (or xpresso node for sticky lips or tutorial for inside C4D's manual)

-Sculpting tools with animation capabilities (like Joe Alter's LipService)

-Morph Brush

Shortly (these for C4D):

-Maya Muscle System

-fStretch (cgaddict)

-LipService (Joe Alter)

-Soft body with passive points for rigging

Polygon animation:

-Animation path for polygon points / vertex (also in Morph mode, in this mode it would be also useful to have possibility to add multiple points for animation path)

-Possiblity to edit animation of selected points in/with F-Curve editor

-Possibility to break and create new polygons and extrude them in middle of animation (like doodle paint tool, frame by frame) with fade & size effects (like mograph does)

Vertex Map

-Simple Fall-off animator object (for creating fall-off animations for Vertex Maps)

Simulation:

-Passive points for Soft body (this would make possible to rig Soft body with these passive points and only the active points would be simulated)

-Glue feature for rigid and soft body objects

-Full support for DPit effex (better SDK for developers, with possibility to create plugin with interaction for all Cinema 4D modules)

-Better cloth tearing feature

-Better integrated Fracturing tools with fracturing capability in middle of animation (but i'am sure that Nitroblast is pretty good plugin too for this kind of job), so "Rayfire" for cinema 4D would be nice addition

-Golaem crowd simulation kind of tools for Cinema 4D (or golaem plugin for C4D) (ANIMA has still lots of working to do before it is good enough for crowd simulation, but i'am sure that ANIMA is most easy to use at the moment)

-Rope simulation

Particles

-Thinking particles 5 features (from Cebas) for C4D's Thinking particles

-Particle Brush/Paint tool (for generating particles, also should be able to animate them with smear kind of brush tools)

Rendering

-Displacement for OpenGL

Modelling

-knife tool with Disconnecting/separating option (possibility to cut shapes with disconnection feature)

-Polygon bruhs cloner tool (possibility to clone polygons with brush, it would be very similar to the Photoshop's cloner tool with cloning direction/angle/mirror features)

-Clone on surface brush (painting tool which would clone objects to other objects surface), (PaintOnSurface plugin sounds good but i would love to see it by integrated for C4D)

-Transformation tools (bending, twisting, rotating for selected points, with 3-clicks: 1. click determines the start point of "deforming" then user moves cursor, 2. click determines the length of deforming and then user moves cursor again 3. click accepts the deforming strength) [i know that there is possibility to create group from points / edges / faces and then use deformer for it, but i think it is too slow for speed modelling]

-Extrude brush (it would do the extruding by order of distance, and it would also take care of polygon's angle by direction of cursor move, this would speed up modelling a lot)

-Collision for polygon brush, it would collide to all other objects around which are close enough (smear, pull, normal etc.), (of course this can be now be able to do with collision deformer but i think it would make things faster if there would be collision option in brush tool too)

-New tool for retopology modelling

-1D push tool (tool which would pull polygon points for one direction, world -z direction for example)

-Sculpting tools (displacement with opengl support)

And maybe some modelling features from Rhino3D:

filletedge, chamferedge, and extruding with along by curve (spline extruding with possibility of point collapse extruding)...

Objects melting / optimizer

-Welder (for melting edges to each other with multiple objects for generating seamless edges between multiple objects) [it could be similar to jokermartini's welder plugin for 3dsmax)

Was quite a big list, i don't even know which i have tried to suggest for MAXON, but i think that they wouldn't even listen me.

-thank you for reading

It's hard to say since there is so much in C4D I haven't explored yet. I think the modeling tools could use a little love. As it stands now, any time I need to model something with a lot of holes, chamfers, bevels, etc. I do it in Rhino and import it to C4D.

Walter

Core changes:

- Iterative solving of constraints, so you don't have to worry about hierarchical order and priority (wich most of the time causes closing and reopening the last saved scene).

- Nurbs

- Hypergraph

- Better scripting interface (I am not talking about the GUI, but about the programming interface: executing commands without directly dealing with the API, just like Mel)

All the deformers stuff can already be programmed, so I don't think they are as crucial as the ones here.

After this, we can trash Maya

Just a little feature: I'd like to see, in Material creation, some kind of master Varicolor shader, or "Random Color Noise" shader. In other words, a shader whose sole function is to randomly vary the colors of other shaders (bitmaps or procedurals). I notice that TILES has a feature by which you can vary the colors (HSV) of your tiles. (But it doesn't allow you to specify exactly how you'd like to vary the tile colors). Yes, something like that, but applicable to other shaders and bitmaps. The idea being to disguise the repetitions of bitmaps and procedurals when assigned to a poly figure.

Right now, the "seamless" command for textures uses a simple "butterfly" tiling; I wonder if C4D might someday include a more sophisticated "seamless" algorithm... ie., such that the tile repetitions (esp. in Cubic UV mode) are truly undetectable.

A good manual failing that an average one with priority to teaching the application rather than just writing down the information, some of which might as well have been left in German for all the sense it makes. Book marks would be nice, sizing text Decent navigation.

All I really want to do is name my object buffers. That's all.

Just to add to what Brian said - no matter how you put it, rigging will never be covered with out of the box solutions, and to rig properly, one has to have certain depth of knowledge. For example, Sticky lips is not a problem at all - few xpresso nodes and deformer or effector with falloff will do the job :thisrocks:

Cheers

• Inquirer
  • Oh, maybe MAXON could add Sticky lips preset for xpresso nodes...?

So lets add that to the feature wish list:

-Sticky lips xpresso node or tutorial for inside manual

I thought it should be done with cluster?

-thank you for reading

• Inquirer
  • Of course things can be always much faster, and i think that speed is a key word in 3D, but that's only my opinion.

Unfortunately you can't add such presets since they are not applicable to every situation, and many factors and preconditions have to be done for it to work - that is the reason for avoiding such stuff. Simply to much loose ends and problems. Imagine you can create such preset, and you have model of a lips - how would you make it work interface/feature wise ? :thisrocks:

I am really curious, honestly - absolutely no pun intended here.

Cheers

• Inquirer
  • If i would get the tutorial from that how it has been done, maybe i could think the solution for preset after seeing this kind of tutorial from sticky lips xpresso work...

But i think it shouldn't be so hard to create system which would keep polygon points side by side (close to each others) until they are far away enough for releasing from their positions. If i could code something like that i would make it and give it for free for every one, but i wasn't never good coder on high school because i just didn't understood that how it works, i don't just get it.

:/

-thanks for reading