Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

Author of the topic Posted

Here's video from interesting plugin, which would be very nice addition for Cinema 4D:

(fStretch)

Oh... it has already second version:

It's hard to say since there is so much in C4D I haven't explored yet. I think the modeling tools could use a little love. As it stands now, any time I need to model something with a lot of holes, chamfers, bevels, etc. I do it in Rhino and import it to C4D.

Walter

Core changes:

- Iterative solving of constraints, so you don't have to worry about hierarchical order and priority (wich most of the time causes closing and reopening the last saved scene).

- Nurbs

- Hypergraph

- Better scripting interface (I am not talking about the GUI, but about the programming interface: executing commands without directly dealing with the API, just like Mel)

All the deformers stuff can already be programmed, so I don't think they are as crucial as the ones here.

After this, we can trash Maya

Just a little feature: I'd like to see, in Material creation, some kind of master Varicolor shader, or "Random Color Noise" shader. In other words, a shader whose sole function is to randomly vary the colors of other shaders (bitmaps or procedurals). I notice that TILES has a feature by which you can vary the colors (HSV) of your tiles. (But it doesn't allow you to specify exactly how you'd like to vary the tile colors). Yes, something like that, but applicable to other shaders and bitmaps. The idea being to disguise the repetitions of bitmaps and procedurals when assigned to a poly figure.

Right now, the "seamless" command for textures uses a simple "butterfly" tiling; I wonder if C4D might someday include a more sophisticated "seamless" algorithm... ie., such that the tile repetitions (esp. in Cubic UV mode) are truly undetectable.

A good manual failing that an average one with priority to teaching the application rather than just writing down the information, some of which might as well have been left in German for all the sense it makes. Book marks would be nice, sizing text Decent navigation.

All I really want to do is name my object buffers. That's all.

Admin

Just to add to what Brian said - no matter how you put it, rigging will never be covered with out of the box solutions, and to rig properly, one has to have certain depth of knowledge. For example, Sticky lips is not a problem at all - few xpresso nodes and deformer or effector with falloff will do the job :thisrocks:

Cheers

Oh, maybe MAXON could add Sticky lips preset for xpresso nodes...?

So lets add that to the feature wish list:

-Sticky lips xpresso node or tutorial for inside manual

I thought it should be done with cluster?

-thank you for reading

Of course things can be always much faster, and i think that speed is a key word in 3D, but that's only my opinion.

Admin

Unfortunately you can't add such presets since they are not applicable to every situation, and many factors and preconditions have to be done for it to work - that is the reason for avoiding such stuff. Simply to much loose ends and problems. Imagine you can create such preset, and you have model of a lips - how would you make it work interface/feature wise ? :thisrocks:

I am really curious, honestly - absolutely no pun intended here.

Cheers