Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

Question

• Inquirer
  • Here's what i am waiting to be possible to do with C4D in near future:

So i am waiting for these features for C4D in some future, maybe far far away in future

(i tried to put these in order of importance by my opinnion):

Character animation:

-Skin & MSkin deformers need self-collision (and self-collision area/"vertex map" painting tools for critical ares)

-Muscles collision (need collision features, muscle collide to other muscle)

-Bones (possibility to create flexible bones too)

-Muscle sliding on bone

-Muscles attach (possibility to attach muscle to muscle)

-Soft body & cloth skin simulation. For example: loose skin and loose fat (with collision and self-collision features)

-Tension & Angle based deformations / Skin stretching extension for tension tag with fall-off features (something like this: www.cgaddict.com - fStretch)

-Face muscles (for creating face animations with muscle deformers)

-"face skeletons" for controlling face muscles

-Sticky lips (or xpresso node for sticky lips or tutorial for inside C4D's manual)

-Sculpting tools with animation capabilities (like Joe Alter's LipService)

-Morph Brush

Shortly (these for C4D):

-Maya Muscle System

-fStretch (cgaddict)

-LipService (Joe Alter)

-Soft body with passive points for rigging

Polygon animation:

-Animation path for polygon points / vertex (also in Morph mode, in this mode it would be also useful to have possibility to add multiple points for animation path)

-Possiblity to edit animation of selected points in/with F-Curve editor

-Possibility to break and create new polygons and extrude them in middle of animation (like doodle paint tool, frame by frame) with fade & size effects (like mograph does)

Vertex Map

-Simple Fall-off animator object (for creating fall-off animations for Vertex Maps)

Simulation:

-Passive points for Soft body (this would make possible to rig Soft body with these passive points and only the active points would be simulated)

-Glue feature for rigid and soft body objects

-Full support for DPit effex (better SDK for developers, with possibility to create plugin with interaction for all Cinema 4D modules)

-Better cloth tearing feature

-Better integrated Fracturing tools with fracturing capability in middle of animation (but i'am sure that Nitroblast is pretty good plugin too for this kind of job), so "Rayfire" for cinema 4D would be nice addition

-Golaem crowd simulation kind of tools for Cinema 4D (or golaem plugin for C4D) (ANIMA has still lots of working to do before it is good enough for crowd simulation, but i'am sure that ANIMA is most easy to use at the moment)

-Rope simulation

Particles

-Thinking particles 5 features (from Cebas) for C4D's Thinking particles

-Particle Brush/Paint tool (for generating particles, also should be able to animate them with smear kind of brush tools)

Rendering

-Displacement for OpenGL

Modelling

-knife tool with Disconnecting/separating option (possibility to cut shapes with disconnection feature)

-Polygon bruhs cloner tool (possibility to clone polygons with brush, it would be very similar to the Photoshop's cloner tool with cloning direction/angle/mirror features)

-Clone on surface brush (painting tool which would clone objects to other objects surface), (PaintOnSurface plugin sounds good but i would love to see it by integrated for C4D)

-Transformation tools (bending, twisting, rotating for selected points, with 3-clicks: 1. click determines the start point of "deforming" then user moves cursor, 2. click determines the length of deforming and then user moves cursor again 3. click accepts the deforming strength) [i know that there is possibility to create group from points / edges / faces and then use deformer for it, but i think it is too slow for speed modelling]

-Extrude brush (it would do the extruding by order of distance, and it would also take care of polygon's angle by direction of cursor move, this would speed up modelling a lot)

-Collision for polygon brush, it would collide to all other objects around which are close enough (smear, pull, normal etc.), (of course this can be now be able to do with collision deformer but i think it would make things faster if there would be collision option in brush tool too)

-New tool for retopology modelling

-1D push tool (tool which would pull polygon points for one direction, world -z direction for example)

-Sculpting tools (displacement with opengl support)

And maybe some modelling features from Rhino3D:

filletedge, chamferedge, and extruding with along by curve (spline extruding with possibility of point collapse extruding)...

Objects melting / optimizer

-Welder (for melting edges to each other with multiple objects for generating seamless edges between multiple objects) [it could be similar to jokermartini's welder plugin for 3dsmax)

Was quite a big list, i don't even know which i have tried to suggest for MAXON, but i think that they wouldn't even listen me.

-thank you for reading

No need for coding here - you answered most of your questions above. I do have such tutorial but it is part of a commercial training.

You can do it by combining deformers falloff and some simpel xpresso logic (order, equal).

Cheers

I would love a "Make Awesome" tool. That would solve allot of my problems. In honesty though, I would like to see an upgrade to TP something that can handle fluid and smoke effects. I would also love MORE training and documentation. (I realize they have gotten better in this aspect but compared to pixologic, which is free and plentiful, I think MAXON could improve.) Free training would also be a benefit as it will help widen the user base. I feel MAXON relies too much on 3rd party groups to provide some training (not to ruffle any feathers I am truly grateful for the resources that the cafe and others provide)

• Inquirer
  • Modelling optimization:

1. Possibility to rotate polygon by based on edge axis. The "selected" edge on polygon face will detect the

rotation axis for polygon. Also, if user have lots of selected polygon faces then all polygons will rotate

on axis which is based on "selected edge" which user use for rotating.

Workflow: User select polygons, then user start rotating the polygons by "selecting" pressing button down

on edge which user wants to be the rotating axis (with rotating tool).

2. Skeletons/deformers:

IK NURBS

Modelling:

3.Flatting tool

what it will do: It will flat all selected polygons (it will delete the z-dimension for example, and it will make 2d polygon groups)

Rendering:

4.Pixar SubDivision surfaces

Guest dataflow

1.you can do that from the modeling axis tab.

unless im missing what you mean

3. just scale to 0 in the axis you want to flatten.

again unless im missing what you mean

• Inquirer
  • Sure it can be, but it would be good for speed modelling if there would be presets (one button way) for detecting the edge for rotating axis (by only clicking the mouse button down on the edge which wanted to be the rotating axis for polygon face)

Also speed modelling needs flatting tool, which would flat polygons with one button, but sure you can do it from scale but it takes more time. (and time is money) ;)

But does Cinema has Pixar Subdivision surfaces? I guess not, i think it should support it.

Guest deepshade

There are always going to be the requests for better modelling tools, fluid sims etc (which I would welcome)

There will always be tools that are so old that they are not worth updating but are used as padding for the feature list.

But, for me its simpler

Consistency. Too many tools have features that are not consistent in use or application.

Every deformer should have falloff.

Every primitive should have top and bottom radius (where applicable).

Mograph spacing step/total on all (where applicable).

One particle system that has levels of complexity. Rather than the two that have so many different methods of use its almost like using two different apps.

Muscles that dynamically affect the skin but do not have other collisions or caching as do other dynamic systems in the app.

You can go on and on.

• Inquirer
  • But i think the most needed features would be (these are also in order of importance) and yes, these are only my opinions:

#1 For animators (in order of importance):

1. Self-collision for MSkin & Skin "deformers" (with self-collision area map which determines the collision hardness)

3. Collision & Self-collision features for muscles

3. Muscles sliding on bone

4. Softbody dynamics with passive points (possibility to rig softboy objects, without losing collision & self-collision features)

5. Tension & Angle based deformations (here's what i mean: http://www.cgaddict....t-overview.html )

6. Possibility to attach/joint muscles to muscles

#2 For modelers (in order of importance):

1. Good Retopology tools (like Coat3D has)

2. Rhino tools (in order of importance: "FilletEdge", "BlendEdge", "ChamferEdge", "slab", "Boss", "extrudeCrvAlongCrv", "Sweep2AddSlash", "Sweep2SimpleSweep", "Rib") - http://www.rhino3d.com/4/modeling.htm

3. Welder - http://jokermartini....2011/08/welder/

4. Surface object cloner

5. Sculpting tools (with animation features)

6. Texture/Painting (with animation features)

#3 For rendering:

1. Pixar Subdivision

2. Fast and hiqh quality MicroDisplacement

#4 For shaders (in order of importance):

1. Distance Falloff (transparency & reflection)

#5 For plugins:

1. Full support for DPit effex (i mean, better sdk with better manual for plugin developers)

#6 Deformers and dynamics (height collision map)

Height collision Map for collision deformer and for simulations, (if user have displacement map in terrain, then height collision map would be answer for collision detection)

I'm just hoping that Cinema 4D will be the best solution for 3D animations (by being "all mighty" (modelling, animation, simulation, rendering, texturing, sculpting, combustion) tool) :thisrocks:

That mighty be impossible job, but i believe in Cinema 4D.

Best regards, mrkosmikal

• Inquirer
  • I also think that C4D need "time step" - for creating slow motion animations with dynamics and thinking particles with DPit effex.

[time step for controlling the speed of animation (of dynamics, particles... etc) for generating slow motions]

Guest dataflow

there is in project settings. (time Scale)

but it changes the whole scene dynamics, it would be good if you could control it base on the tag not the whole scene

• Inquirer
  • there is in project settings. (time Scale)

but it changes the whole scene dynamics, it would be good if you could control it base on the tag not the whole scene

Indeed.

And i think that "C4D needs a continous polygon and point count to calculate its motion blur" (with Physical Renderer)

even with dynamic mesh.