Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

there is in project settings. (time Scale)

but it changes the whole scene dynamics, it would be good if you could control it base on the tag not the whole scene

Indeed.

And i think that "C4D needs a continous polygon and point count to calculate its motion blur" (with Physical Renderer)

even with dynamic mesh.

Guest MichiSchwarz

Rendering:

* Sketch and Toon with all Cores active from start to end (at this time the calculation is only done by 1 core, the drawing form all cores). I use this function a lot and it takes hours to get the final result

* GPU support and live view like in Blender or Iray or Maxwell or in VRay....(a number of render engines have this actually)

General:

* Faster Content Browser when tree view is active. Under Windows 7 this takes ages to load.

* A Texture-Browser with fast replacement features (search for a string etc.), a preview of the texture and all the textures listed in the materials. A guy from a company called Aixsponza has something in alpha or beta state, but he told me, that it is not ready yet, even far from ready. My opinion: But this should be an integral part of the program! Real time saver!

* Ability to save textures in relative and absolute paths

Materials:

* Real material values, so that you don't have to think about percent and can type in the real values you find on the net

Lights:

* Light characterstics in a view-port under "fotometric" tab. There is a nice picture but a curve would be nice. I always have to start another program to look at the characteristics.

Modelling:

Something like "spline patch" integrated

Best regards

Michi

• Topic Author

Radial Symmetry would be also nice addition for C4D:

Radial Symmetry: http://www.mariussil...al_symmetry.htm

Or maybe Array object needs only some kind of Melting/Merge effect with welder effect

Welder: http://jokermartini.com/2011/08/welder/

Also some kind of spline symmetry tool would be nice tool (it would give possibility to create own symmetry from multiple splines)

• Topic Author

I noticed that Cinema 4D would be very close to perfection for animation (in my opinion) when it will have (in order of importance):

-physical render has continuous poly and point calculation for generating motion blur (so that even Dynamic meshes can also generate motion blur as dpit effex simulations)

-very similar muscle system than Maya has[including self-collision (with possibility to paint collision area hardness), collision, maintain volume, muscle to muscle attach, bones, bone sliding, muscle sliding on bone, possibility to bend and twist muscles]

-muscle cluster(similar to character cluster)

-passive points for softbody[softbody objects are possible to rig/bind to skeletons (is it possible to generate softbody areas for rigged object)]

-Tension & Angle based deformations (when they are similar to fstretch 2), also plugin would be welcome

And then DPit effex would need full Cinema 4d Dynamics support/integration, but that is Samir's job i guess? But i hope that Samir will get as much help as he can [better manual for sdk: maybe dynamics (cloth, hair, rigidbody, softbody, thinking particles) would need more information]

I think I have an easier solution for all of the above.

Since Autodesk will buy anything just to get bigger how about selling Cinemas source code over to them so they can make yet another huge gray bug infested ever crashing dinosaur out of it.

Peace,

George.

• Topic Author

I just dont like from autodesk, but sure they are big and they are buing everybody out from busyness. I think autodesk already has "monopoly", so they don't need any more companys.

• Topic Author

Btw. Newtek's lightwave got new motion modifier with calculates crowd avoidance, so i think that MAXON could also include

"crowd avoidance" for they CMotion.

-CMotion need "crowd avoidance" feature

Guest Seinfeld

My wishlist only has 2 things on it.

1. Better viewport speed for large scenes.

2. Proper snapping... i think the snapping and background constraint in modo is near perfect... i would absolutely love if that gets implemented in c4d.

All I really want to do is name my object buffers. That's all.

Render settings, double click object buffer, rename.