Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

• Topic Author
  • I just dont like from autodesk, but sure they are big and they are buing everybody out from busyness. I think autodesk already has "monopoly", so they don't need any more companys.

• Topic Author
  • Btw. Newtek's lightwave got new motion modifier with calculates crowd avoidance, so i think that MAXON could also include

"crowd avoidance" for they CMotion.

-CMotion need "crowd avoidance" feature

Guest Seinfeld

My wishlist only has 2 things on it.

1. Better viewport speed for large scenes.

2. Proper snapping... i think the snapping and background constraint in modo is near perfect... i would absolutely love if that gets implemented in c4d.

All I really want to do is name my object buffers. That's all.

Render settings, double click object buffer, rename.

• Topic Author
  • My wishlist only has 2 things on it.

1. Better viewport speed for large scenes.

2. Proper snapping... i think the snapping and background constraint in modo is near perfect... i would absolutely love if that gets implemented in c4d.

Indeed those features would be more than welcome for C4D as soon as possible.

• Topic Author
  • I just have to say that if there is coming integrated liquid and fire system for C4D in future (as maya has already), then it will be mostly need these features:

Liquids will need

1. foam (important)

2. wetmaps, (very important)

3. Surface tension, (important also)

4. liquid particle groups,

5. liquid mesher (with possibility to add multiple liquid particle groups to the same liquid mesher),

6. color mixing,

7. heat and cold features (like magma lamp effect: heat will rise and cold stuff will fall down.)

8. Physical Motion Blur support (moving liquid should be motion blurred)

9. Full Cinema 4D Dynamics Support, lighter objects will flow on the liquid's surface, and heavy things will fall down. (Rigidbodies, softbodies, cloths)

10. Splashes

11. Good uv-tools for liquids

12. Personal forces for liquid particle groups.

13. Viscosity (most important)

14. Friction map

15. Splashes

16. Moving obstacle should be interactive with liquid, and it should generate waves, and splashes.

Fire system should have

-Air

-Smoke

-Fire

-Heat (Heat haze also needed)

-cloth support

-Physical Motion blur support

-GI light (generated by fire)

-Multiple Scattering

Heat air should rise up things like balloon (cloth object).

Both systems should have time step features (for generating slow motion)

But i guess that need to live long time before something like this is coming out...

But i guess that need to live long time before something like this is coming out...

LOL - Yup.

3DKiwi

@kosmikal

Why wait for Cinema to get all that since there are already applications that do what you describe? If you need high end particle system, dynamics, fluids, nodal based TD environment and low level access why not check Houdini?

It is very unrealistic to expect one tool to be able to do it all - there is simply no way general application can be strong in all "departments" to compete with dedicated tools. Cinema has it's strong points and unique features that separate it from other general packages. Those are, by my opinion :

- Ease of use

- Unmatched result per knowledge ratio

- Stability

- Interface/customization/ versatility

- Mograph, Xpresso and CA

When I say unmatched result per knowledge, I mean that users with minimal knowledge can produce content in Cinema which is next to impossible in other general applications :thumbsup:

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • sure houdini is good tool for all that, but I think that Cinema has best and easiest interface/gui in the world of 3d software. I am just wishing that some day Cinema 4D will be the best "all in one" 3D-graphics software in the world, aren't you wishing same thing. well this is just my opinion but I think that cinema really can be the best software in future if they (MAXON) really want it. I think that everybody should make their best.

It simply impossible to combine ease of use with some advanced principles - MAXON already has that covered to maximum extent :oops:

Every programming team, even huge ones, have to keep the shear size of application and it's features in manageable size, or they can find them selves unable to maintain it. When the problem of maintaining arises, it leads to degradation - bugs, old features, obsolete toolset and eventually application dies. This is especially the case with 3D applications, where diversity and nature of features is very complex.

Creating new functionality is not really such a big problem - making it work as expected with existing functionality is.

You can visualize every complex application like a giant closet with millions of wires and junctions and set of rules of where, how and which wires can be connected. To install one part into all that you have to cut few existing ones out, adapt them in any way you can and put them back with "new piece" and test if everything is working. That is still ok, but what if the market decides they don't want giant closet - they want 100 smaller closets? but maybe now with pink wires?

Software engineering is one of the most difficult and demanding occupation in the world, and once you get insight in what happens "behind the scenes", you will certainly appreciate those applications more.

Cinema, nor any other application, will never be able to be the "best" unless some magical/mind blowing/revolutionary software technology is invented that will eliminate those basic problems.

Cheers

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

I completely agree with what HSrdelic is saying.

I also do a lot of C++ coding for my own C4D plugins, and there are a lot of core restrictions within the SDK that keeps us from doing everything we want. But the more I work with it I begin to understand why most of these restrictions are there in the first place.

The catch is, a lot of the quirks in C4D's programming is also what gives it its strength. E.g. Object Manager's wasteful iteration through hierarchies is a side-effect of being able to move objects and tags around so easily.

As with most have already mentioned, I also want improvements on the core features and if there's also ways of speeding up the pipeline (ability to zoom in color gradients, GUI update on XPresso, option to adjust priorities on things besides Tags, or adjust the times C4D iterates through items). Over half the features you want are already doable within C4D if you're willing to figure out how to work with COFFEE/Python.

It's the same deal with other programs. You'll always need specialized tools to achieve high-end effects like particles and fluids. I mean, there's a reason why there's always a demand for Technical Directors for pretty much any 3D program.

Another thing I'd wish would happen is that people would stop making others think that C4D has a do cool $##! button. C4D has definitely lowered the barrier to entry into working with 3D. But it's given this false assumption that you can rely on the program to do everything for you. It just can't.

"maintain curve" when inserting an edge loop (silly that this functionality isn't already present)

Better UV tools - MAXON should frankly be embarrassed about the UV tools in Cinema at this stage. R13 and no improvements - really? I can make use of them just fine if I have to, but this tool set is lacking some VERY basic functionality.

SubD sculpting

Body Paint improvements - to friggen clunky. Evolve or die.