Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmikal

What Features You Are Waiting For C4D (Wishlist)

I would like to see a dynamic Symmetry feature. Right now, Cactus Dan has that going with his plugin, but it would be nice to have already had this feature natively. I am constantly working with symmetry and having to delete point and polys while using the native symmetry object gets old after a while.

As far as fire and smoke go, I use TurbulenceFD and it works really well. And as of late, the developer has incorporated GPU accleration to help speed up simulation time. Unfortuneately, you have to have at least 2 GB's of RAM on the card, and it has to be nvidia to use CUDA.

And of course the modeling tools. Ive seen tools that 3DS Max has that would be nice to have in C4D. I think there are some scripts that do roughly the same thing, but the scripts dont have all the options like the 3DS Max tools have. But with that being said, ive stuck it out with C4D and ive learned how to model correctly, so theres no need to for me to jump ship and use another package (Modo, etc) to model with, but it would still be nice to see the modeling tools overhauled.

• Topic Author
  • I know that some ones here don't like from that peoples are comparing features but i have to mention that

new Modo601 really sounds and looks amazing. It is also growing fastly (and i mean that it is getting more and more features).

Most of these new features in modo are incredible.

http://www.luxology....tour/index.aspx <-there are "particle painter", "character animation tools with deformers", "rounded edge" "selection tools with tangent pinch" and lots of more cool and easy to use features.

(rounded edge)

(deformers)

http://www.youtube.c...fo=0&rel=0&hd=1 (Tangent pinch and other good tools for rigging/posing)

and there is lot of other good features / innovations.

I think that C4D needs this kind of innovations too.

I suggest people do as I've done. Have both. I've upgraded to 601. This is a pretty big upgrade.

3DKiwi

Guest MichiSchwarz

The edge-shader would be one hell of a timesaver for me. No need for remodelling , juts apply the material and you are good to go. As for the falloff I didn't quite understand it right I guess. When I use a deformer in limited mode I kind of have a falloff already?

As for the other features:

* GPU rendering (at least for prerender purposes)

* Sketch and Toon with multicore support all the way (line computation seems to be done by only one core, guessing what the task manager tells me) -> BIIIIIIIIIIG thing to correct in the future

Gotta love Modo's new texture bomb thing. If C4D did anytthing approaching that I'd be very happy.

Guest drb1981

I have to say that although I love CInema 4D, the leaps that Modo are making are making are really showing up c4d shortfalls. More annoying is that people over at MAXON seem to be ignoring it's consumers wants and needs.

As a cinema user I can't help but feel cheated when they announce upgrades that don't include any significant improvements to the modelling tool sets!!

Guest MichiSchwarz

Found something for the falloff thing: http://www.tools4d.com/?page_id=2143

Is it that what you mean? If yes, the plugin is the way to go ....

Best regards

Suriel

Guest MichiSchwarz

One thing that came into my mind while modelling today: When you have loaded a picture in one of the different perpectives, you have to use the option dialog sliders to position the picture in the viewport. This can get tiresome sometimes - as today.

A cool thing would be, if you could move the picture in the viewport and scale and rotate it there as you would do it in photoshop. This would make resizing and moving easy as pie and you could focuse on modelling.

Adding to that, when you move that picture elswhere, the link to that picture is lost. When you try to save a file as a project, a message informs you that acertain picture is missing. I once looked for half an hour what picture was ment until by accident I stumbled over the perspective HUD. Could be managed with more information to the user that this is not a material-problem but a different kind of picture.

Is it that what you mean? If yes, the plugin is the way to go ....

No. Here's a short video of me using modelling falloffs in modo. Just a taste of how powerful they are.

3DKiwi

• Topic Author
  • <-here's quite interesting video from that how much "contact, self-collision and softbody" makes for character animation. The finalresult is quite realistic. I think C4D really needs these things for next big update (for character animation, but sure there should be also modelling tools etc.)

• Topic Author
  • I have finally tested Modo (again, after few years), and i must say that i love the modelling tools which Modo has. Those tools should be in C4D also. And i love the way how Modo handles the weightmap of vertexs, edges and faces, and i guess that is because of Pixar's Subdivision feature.

So i would like to add feature wish for C4D (i guess this would be my final list, these features i really would like to see in near future):

Luxology Modo's (in order of importance):

-Sculpting tools (mesh and image map) "damn i love these tools in Modo"

-Pixar Subdivision

-Modelling tools (polygon, edge, Boolean)

-Topology tools

And i think that those (mentioned above) features should be on top list.

After that there should be animation features such as (in order of importance):

1. Physical Render features, like Motion Blur:

-support for 3rd part developers (i would like to see Physical Motion Blur in DPit effex's water simulations), so atleast we need point velocity information/support for plugins.

2. Skin or MSkin need:

-Self-collision

-Contact (but i guess that collision deformer already can do this?)

-(simulated) Softbody features for rigged object/character

3. other features:

-Muscles collision and sliding on Bone (this is not as important as features mentioned above)

And i love the way how Modo handles the weightmap of vertexs, edges and faces, and i guess that is because of Pixar's Subdivision feature.

I don't think that's the case. You get the same system regardless of whether you are using Pixar Sub-D's or not.

If you're not doing character animation, motion graphics or anything that requires particles then modo is the way to go.

3DKiwi