Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Timothy

Cactus Dan Plug Ins C4D 12

Guest Timothy
  • Topic Author
  • Seriously considering purchasing Cactus Dans pro bundle, I have C4D 12, Are all the plug ins useful for 12, Is there a tutorial for properly installing the plug ins. All of the tutorials I have seen are from much older versions of Cinema and I'm wondering if some of these plugins have become obsolete or if they are still very helpful in Rigging..Skinning..I'm modeling characters for advertising these days and building these custom characters are a joy..Rigging is not.. so any advice or guidance will be very much Appreciated.I have to have these characters rigged and animated much faster than I have been used to in the past..practice is certainly helping yet creating Smarter & not harder is the phrase my old instructor used to tell me...

Thank You,

Timothy

Guest Joshfilms
  • Topic Author
  • CD Tools are awesome. I'm not much of a rigger and especially not a CA artist but his plugins are sweet. I've been messing with the new Character object it's really neat for a fast rig and cmotion is cool too but this was my first time using C4D's native weight manager. To me Dan's tools are a 100 times better. Painting weights in C4D felt very stiff to me not very intuitive but Dan's painting tools are superb. I just wish the Character object gave me CD Joints and I could mix the new C4D muscle object with CD Joints but wishful thinking I suppose :signthankspin:.

Cheers,

Josh

Guest Timothy
  • Topic Author
  • Thank You, These will be the first plug ins I have ever added to my r12..will there be clear instructions on how to do this most efficiently? ( I did install the CS tools into my content browser and I use them Quite often)I just do not want to have to end up trouble shooting an installation in the event I made an error installing..any guidance will be helpful.

I do have one other question...I'm rigging my very first quadra ped..( dog ) and was wondering if there are any c4d tuts. on rigging a quadra ped..I learned how to rig with the advanced tut..from c4d ( Rabbit ) it just about wore me out..Fine now, yet I'm looking for ways to speed up the process and perhaps find a way to shorten the process.I suppose I could apply the same techniques that you use in building bipeds..yet I'm not 100% sure..I did see a fantastic demo rig from a character that someone from Aardman had posted..said the rig was pretty simple..spent most of the time on weighting..deformation..

Well, I do appreciate the advice.. I'm learning and I do not have anyone to mentor me..soo all of the guidance and assistence is very much appreciated!

Thank you

About installing Dans plugins just unzip the download into your plugins folder and restart C4D. That's it. Dan also includes palettes for his tool sets that you can add to your layout so you don't even have to go to the plugin menu.