Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Rendercore Lab

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dementia

Rendering - Banding In Reflection

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • Hi,

I have a light setup that WORKS great in most scenes but when I rendered out a scene that I made additions to...I started to get this BANDING in my reflections of screen. I know its not entirely the lights or render setups for they are the same....

Is there any suggestions how to eliminate the banding in reflections to smooth out? When I preview render in UI...its not there but when I actually start rendering....banding nightmare!

Thanks,

-3D

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • hhmmm let me try. I think we got it by putting the scene on the same machine it was lit. So it works now. Next time I will consider phong alterations.

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • Okay, I did change the phong and the results are still the same. Even turned it off and still same results. Any other suggestions?

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • It just takes a bit longer but still banding. Posterization in back ground now. I did change document settings to linear workflow when I hit cmd + d. And the input color profile is sRGB and default object color is 80 percent grey. Do I uncheck Linear workflow or change input color profile? Could of sworn I did this and problem still remains.

Any ideas?

Keign    1

It's 100% reflections? Not shading at all or anything related to shadow bias?

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • Yes there are some 100 percent reflections and some are up to 400 percent. Yes, Do have nice setup shaders going on. shadow bias? What might I need to change to deplete banding with the current shaders I have.

-3D

Also, I don't want to render with GI.

I know it fixes it but we faked GI with light setups and material shading to not really need GI. Concentrating on optimizing for rendering.

-3D

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • I keep reading a lot of forums and many mention set 24 bit dithering under save settings but I can only select 8 bit. any suggestions how to change this? Wonder if this would fix my problem. Also I am using ambient occlusion for the record.

Any other suggestions would be grand.

Dementia    0
  • Topic Author
  • Unfortunately, I can't share the scene for its proprietary for the company I am working for. But here is a screen shot showing that the preview render in the UI of C4D is more to my liking as compared to the final output in picture viewer. WHY IS THAT? How come the render in the UI is much better than the final output?

Thanks for the aid.

-3D

post-114201-0-85486100-1319261620_thumb.