Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DryserG

Architecture Tutorials Requests

• Topic Author
  • Hi, I've decided to embark on a long journey of producing in depth architectural modeling and visualization tutorials series for C4D. I want those to answer almost every technical challenge that might arise in this line of work, so at the end the participant will only be limited by his or her own creativity.

I will be glad to hear what would you like to see in addition to what I plan to do.

Topics I thought to cover:

1. Working with references - ins and outs.

a) working with scans and image references

b) working with vector references

c) working without any reference.

2. Modeling Architecture.

a) modeling to scale

b) quick ways to model floor-plans

c) ceilings from simple to complex

d) scene organization techniques (X-refs, Layers, instances and clones)

3. Mograph to the rescue

a) Mograph as a quick positioning tool

b) Modeling Complex profiles and cornitures

c) quick ways to approach modeling design elements

d) Stairs and more stairs

e) quick measurements with Mograph and Xpresso.

4. Getting ready to render.

a) Camera's 101

b) Materials and realism.

c) setting up Interior scene illumination day-time.

d) setting up Interior scene illumination night time.

e) setting up exterior scene illumination day and night.

f) Xpresso as your setup assistant.

g) cross sections and details.

4.1 Bodypaint in Architectural Visualization

a) UV or not UV?

b) adding realism with Bodypaint

c) using textures and procedural shaders.

5. Rendering and post-process.

a) baking environments.

c) using multi-pass render channels.

d) Photoshop work.

Any ideas and wishes are more then welcome.

Peace,

George.

Texturing would be a nice addition to the list. wink.gif

• Topic Author
  • Ok, added some texture stuff to the list.

thanks,

George.

Animating fly-throughs would be a good section to add

In the scene organization techniques talk layers and xrefs! :-) totally essential to complex scenes imo.

Good luck with it all, it's good to see, there aren't many comprehensive archviz tuts for c4d.

cheers

brasc

What modelling techniques will you be covering? I'll certainly be very interested in these, architectural modelling is my favourite topic. If you what any help creating these tuts, or what them test driving just give me a shout. I'll be more than happy to help.

Jim

Including VRay would almost be a must for a comprehensive Architectural series.

The Tilt Camera would be a useful inclusion.

You're covering so much, perhaps consider releasing it in modules rather than trying to deliver it as one big tutorial.

Would make it easier for you to update and reduce the possibility of a C4D update arriving half way through production.

Looking forward to it.

:o)

• Topic Author
  • Animating fly-throughs would be a good section to add In the scene organization techniques talk layers and xrefs! :-) totally essential to complex scenes imo. Good luck with it all, it's good to see, there aren't many comprehensive archviz tuts for c4d. cheers brasc

thank you brasco - X-refs layers instances and clones will be included

What modelling techniques will you be covering? I'll certainly be very interested in these, architectural modelling is my favourite topic. If you what any help creating these tuts, or what them test driving just give me a shout. I'll be more than happy to help. Jim

modeling techniques - Hard surface modeling, Box modeling, spline cages optimized for architecture.

Including VRay would almost be a must for a comprehensive Architectural series. The Tilt Camera would be a useful inclusion. You're covering so much, perhaps consider releasing it in modules rather than trying to deliver it as one big tutorial. Would make it easier for you to update and reduce the possibility of a C4D update arriving half way through production. Looking forward to it. :o)

I might consider moving rendering into a separate tutorial series. and then cover V-Ray, Maxwell and Physical Render there.

Thank you for comments.

George.

Guest atomant

Your tutorials would be very interesting to me. I would be glad to help test your tutorials and provide detailed feedback if you'd like. I would be coming at them from a (determined) beginner+ perspective.

Al

I will be all over this.

I'd like to see some attention paid to creating environment, skies, etc.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for comments. it's work in progress now, in those tutorials I'll be covering not only my personal workflow as I'm getting allot of input from my team members as-well, and it's incredible to find out how many approaches there are, so I have a good feeling about this project already.

Peace,

George.

That sounds very useful and pretty comprehensive. It would make sense to include the physical render stuff in the main tutorial though, as most people buying it will have that before they have V-ray (and possibly some setup info about standard render as well, for users with older versions of C4D), as to leave it out would surely make the training much less complete. Or perhaps you could make each tutorial about the renderers a separate video, and sell several versions of the complete training asking buyers to indicate which renderer video(s) they need ? Just a thought...

Good luck

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Or perhaps you could make each tutorial about the renderers a separate video, and sell several versions of the complete training asking buyers to indicate which renderer video(s) they need ?

Great idea cerbera! and just in time, cause I was about to begin developing shop page for my site.

Peace,

George.