Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

morpheus

Dpit Effex Tutorials

• Topic Author
  • Hi All

I have put the first of a series of tutorials online about using Dpit Effex. I am trying to put some easy to access information online for new users of the plugin and also to have somewhere where I myself can put info so I don't forget it all.

Some of them will be quick tips and some will go a bit more in depth.

http://www.agoulding.com/AMG_Productions/Tutorials.html

The first one available is about how to use Effex to add FOG into your scene.

The next two will be how to create a multi-coloured liquid setup and smoke basics that should hopefully be up and running later this week.

Cheers

A

I cannot get your site to load at the moment

• Topic Author
  • Anyone else having problems as it all works fine for me on both Firefox and Safari?

Works fine here on mac/safari.

Sites working fine here on Firefox and IE

• Topic Author
  • Sweet. thanks for checking guys.

Just working on the next tutorial to put up.

for me .....just open "effext fog".....the rest of the tuts whem i click..nothing happens...its a real shame u know??

for me .....just open "effext fog".....the rest of the tuts whem i click..nothing happens...its a real shame u know??

edit: okok....now i reed all your post ....lol...i mean..works like a charm!!!

• Topic Author
  • A render from the fire tutorial I am working on for Dpit Effex.

post-13193-0-76170400-1323364812_thumb.j post-13193-0-36027200-1323375048_thumb.j

Aiming for a nice collection of tutorials by the end of the year. Everyone should try making one, it definitely makes you appreciate more the amount of time that Nigel and the gang must put into their tutorials and reviews.

A

EDIT: I've added in the original render without the photoshop post work on it for anyone interested. The one on the right is the original. It is only subtle stuff.

Looks very realistic, how long did you tinker till you get this kind of realism?

• Topic Author
  • Taken me a while to figure out all the details, but with my new tutorial you and others won't have the same problem. mf_bookread.gif

There is post production on the image as that is always essential, but not too much. I will post the original render too so that you can see the difference if you want. It's just curves really.

A

• Topic Author
  • Two new tutorials are up and running.

One about fire

http://www.agoulding.com/AMG_Productions/Effex_Fire_Basics.html

and one about multicoloured liquids

http://www.agoulding.com/AMG_Productions/Effex_Colour_Mixing.html

Cheers

A

Very nice morpheus! I appreciate it very much.

I'd like to add to the "Fire basics tutorial" - FSS setup, step 4, that in order to see and be able to turn on "Fire", one has to change the solver type from "smoke" (default) to "fire" in the FSS object's tab => solver type. Otherwise one would wonder how come he doesn't see the option.

Thank you, and good work!