Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arctico

I Just Cant Figure It Out...

hmmm, I'm not sure I quote follow that. :) Are we talking about the same part? I mean the part starting at 17 seconds, not at 0:09

It looks to me like he's using mosplines that bend from a straight line into a circle. Then the geometry follows this in some fashion. It looks very organic, as if it was rigged, but then there would be no use for the mospline (and he probably would have show the rigging as he does later on in the vid).

I've made something kinda resembling the effect using an gravity field with animated strenght to affect the mospline (see attached scenefile). It doesn't look like this is the way he's doing it though, since in the video, the mospline itself doesn't seem to be affected, other than bending into a circle from a straight line).

post-13870-0-12628100-1327072434_thumb.j

headphones_splinewrap_02.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Ah that was my fault sorry. I will have a look at it and maybe i can get it work. Not sure thought.

• Topic Author
  • I played around a little bit in cinema and i think there are 2 ways to archive this effect. 1. Rigging. That would be the best solution. 2. You could play around with the falloff in the gravity modifier to archive a similar effect maybe. Im not sure if that really helps but give the falloff one a shot.

Cheers

Anyone know how to achieve the billowing to wrap effect between 1.00 -1.09

I've managed to get the billowing to work with a tube and cloth. Can't seem to figure out how he gets it to snap to form. Tried it with morph but no luck as it doesn't seem to morph from cloth object ?

I'll keep trying.

Hi Arctico, yeah with the falloff it does make it more organic. I'm still not sure how he's doing it, but this way you could get a very similar result. I really don't know anything about rigging so I can't really try that way :)

I've attached my scenefile with the falloff effect.

headphones_splinewrap_03.c4d

Guest miroof

Hello guys, i m newbee in this world, i m wordering how the guy made his sequence at 40 sec

how to add the bone to one polygone ?

if someone can make a .c4d to learn how to do it, i ll appreciate

damn good video ;(

me<GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP<Him ;)

Guest miroof

thx, i also use that one

vimeo.com/18970378

i don t manage to give a little delay on the rotation of my bones

Guest miroof

well that s doesn t work with my bones, can t effect the motion with a lag on clones

• Topic Author
  • Maybe we should get Paul Clements into some panic room for 24 hours and ask him questions all night long? :P

Guest miroof

+1

:) catch him

• Topic Author
  • Here is my tutorial for the cloth effect technique Paul Clements used! Enjoy! Maybe next week i make a tutorial for the "rigging part". http://vimeo.com/35908367